Senior DMPK Scientist
16 February 2017
Laboratory Solutions are working with a drug discovery company based in Cambridgeshire, they are currently looking to hire a Senior DMPK Scientist.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring that experimental and data processing aspects of DMPK, ADMET and in vivo Pharmacology studies are performed to a high standard and within scheduled time frames.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Analysis, interpretation, integration and reporting of preclinical and clinical DMPK data generated both internally and with external vendors/academic sites.
- Reviewing and interpreting bioanalytical data and reports.
- Participating in the management of CROs/academic sites in the conduct of in vitro / in vivo ADME and DMPK studies.
- Presenting and communicating plans, results, conclusions and project implications to internal groups and project team representatives, contributing to the preclinical data package as required.
- Acting as the point of contact to coordinate multiple CROs and ensuring data quality and integrity.
- Supporting the preparation of DMPK components of preclinical and clinical study protocol designs, preclinical and clinical study reports, and investigator brochures.
- Supporting the Head of PK, Pharmacometrics & in vivo Pharmacology in preparation of strategic and scientifically sophisticated DMPK drug development strategies that meet regulatory requirements and program goals.
- Providing support as a DMPK project representative to Preclinical Safety, Research, Clinical, Regulatory, Project Management and other departments.
- Participating in the preparation of abstracts and manuscripts for publication.
- Exploring new techniques and processes to improve data quality and increase assay throughput.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- PhD in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics or other relevant field
- Previous experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, including drug development.
- Strong knowledge of ADME concepts, pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and bioanalytical principles.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in planning, analysis and reporting of in vitro / in vivo DMPK studies.
- Proficient in MS software (Word, Excel and Power Point) and experience using WinNonlin or other pharmacokinetic software.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
This is a permanent role, with a medium sized company, offering an excellent salary/benefits and a real chance to make a difference!
If interested then please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org