Charles Consultants Life Sciences Ltd and Scius Communications Ltd and are two boutique life sciences communications consultancies founded and run by two of the leading life sciences communications professionals, Sue Charles and Katja Stout respectively.
Co-operating together for the provision of consultancy services, as well as operating independently, we are focused on enhancing the value proposition for companies seeking investment, partnerships or customers by developing a clear narrative and brand proposition, and in creating awareness that builds visibility and value.
We work with clients to communicate the impact of their science and innovation to key stakeholders through the most relevant channels: crafting communications messages and solutions that best showcase each organization, product or technology.
Core services include:
• strategic communications counsel
• narrative and content development
• investor, partnering, public and media relations
• websites, digital and social media campaigns
• scientific and business copywriting
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated account executive to join our team.
The principal employer would be Scius Communications with time sub-contracted to Charles Consultants on a flexible basis. The role is based at Scius’ London-based office. Flexibility for occasional home working.
• Work closely with the team to deliver impactful communication strategies for clients
• Develop and maintain media databases for client
• Set up and distribution of press release and compilation of cutting reports
• Develop media understanding to enable appropriate media targeting
• Develop media relationships to identify both earned and paid media opportunities
• Use digital and social media to support client objectives
• Copywrite/copyedit client materials e.g., press releases, web copy, articles, award entries, marketing emailers etc.
• Proactively suggest creative ideas that enhance client PR/marketing programmes e.g., spotting media opportunities, commissioning research, speaker opportunities, award submissions
• Support new business meetings and marketing initiatives
• Updating timesheets for client billable programmes
• Maintaining the Scius Communications website in WordPress, and occasionally uploading materials to client websites
We are looking for a confident individual who has a passion for communication and wants an opportunity to learn from people with deep expertise in the sector. This role will enable you to directly engage with clients and take responsibility from the beginning. The role is available from end June/early July.
• Demonstrable interest in and/or experience in PR, marketing or journalism (could be training or as an intern)
• Understanding of and interest in the Healthcare and Life Sciences industry
• First degree in a life sciences subject or equivalent demonstrable experience
• Excellent writing, communications and interpersonal skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
• Demonstrated competency in social media (Twitter, LinkedIn) and interest/ competency in media relations
• An individual who can work flexibly within a team, is self-driven but will seek help when appropriate
To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Your CV
• A link to your LinkedIn profile
• A short summary of why you are suitable for this role
• 100-word blog on why mRNA vaccines are so hot right now
• Compensation expectations
• Any other considerations/limitations
Due to volume of applications, we may not respond to everyone. You’ll hear from us by 1st August if we’d like to invite you to a Zoom interview.