POSITION: Animal Technician – Preclinical Translational Pharmacology
LOCATION: Cambridge, UK
ABOUT F-STAR: At F-star, we are dedicated to developing next generation immunotherapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer. We develop mAb², a novel class of disruptive bispecific antibody-based therapies that have the potential to overcome tumor resistance and restore anti-cancer immunity and responsiveness.
We are committed to delivering life-changing treatments for the estimated 80% of patients with cancer who currently fail to have a durable response to immunotherapies.
Our wholly owned pipeline shows focused and potent immune activation, with a promising safety profile to date.
F-stars research team is based in Cambridge UK with an expanding footprint in the US from our Hub in Cambridge, Massachusetts to support our clinical stage requirements.
As a member of the in vivo pharmacology team at F-star, the role involves coordinating and executing preclinical studies with the intent to generate data towards the discovery and development of therapies to benefit patients with cancer.
• To apply knowledge of animal care and welfare within a Team to support the execution of in vivo studies.
• Will be expected to be primarily involved in supporting the execution of experiments involving preclinical murine models of cancer.
• For in vivo study co-ordination and execution, to act as the main point of contact/expertise to Pharmacology Representatives, PPL Holder and BSU staff.
• Ensure experiments and data management activities result in robust high-quality data to inform decision making on projects.
• Design and execute a diverse range of experiments for in vivo investigations of novel therapeutic antibodies and antibody fragments.
• Largely based within the pharmacology team which will provide development opportunities within the drug discovery process.
• Operate items of equipment or IT needed for experimentation, data entry, storage and analysis.
• Contribute to the maintenance of reagents and general lab facilities, and preparation of consumables for studies.
• Keep up to date with the new trends and techniques related to role.
• Animal Care or Animal Management qualifications at Level 2 or higher (or equivalent)
• Completed Home Office Modules 1, 2, 3 and 4 and using a Home Office Personal Licence for at least 1 year with murine procedure experience.
• Study monitoring to collect precise and robust data.
• Post-trial collection of tissues and a keen interest in the analysis.
• Keen to learn record keeping and data collection techniques during in vivo trials.
• Ability to learn and maintain rigid controls and analysis during multiple ongoing experiments.
• A strong desire to learn and develop within a dynamic and changing environment using problem solving skills.
• Flexibility to work independently and as part of a team, both in person and virtually as the work requires.
• Basic administration of substances (for example, intraperitoneal and subcutaneous routes) and in-life sampling techniques, although training will be provided.
• Measurement of tumour volumes with calipurs and use of electronic data collection software.
• An understanding of study co-ordination/management.
• Understanding of preclinical research, particularly in the field of oncology.
What F-star can offer you We get things done, we keep things simple and we’re driven by the science. We’re ambitious so we work hard to create an environment where we can take smart risks. We want to be innovative so encourage debate and collaboration to challenge the usual way of doing things. We love our celebrations, team work and perks, which make F-star a fun and diverse place to work. And most of all, everyone has the opportunity to make a difference.
• Pension (8% Employer contribution)
• Equity Incentives
• Private Medical Insurance
• Health cash plan
• Life assurance
• 25 days holiday, plus the option to buy 5 days.
• Travel insurance
• Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption pay
• Flexible working opportunities
To apply, please visit our careers page here: https://www.f-star.com/about/careers/