Transine® Therapeutics is seeking to recruit a technically-skilled, motivated and enthusiastic laboratory researcher to join our expanding laboratory team at the Babraham Research Campus in Cambridge, one of the UK’s leading biotech hubs. The role presents an excellent opportunity for a talented and dynamic laboratory scientist to join an evolving biotech that is focused on the development of a new class of nucleic acid-based medicine in the growing field of gene therapy.
The successful candidate will undertake laboratory work and lab management duties to help drive TranSINE’s technology platform development and project execution through conducting high quality laboratory work and enabling the smooth running of the TranSINE laboratory.
Candidates must be highly collaborative, organised and technically skilled, demonstrating a proven track record in the rapid delivery and analysis of robust data sets within a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• To implement high quality laboratory-based activities as directed by the Research Director; such as routine testing of gene therapy candidates using PCR, western
blotting and cell-based assays; and additionally supporting these activities by assisting with various molecular biology-based activities including nucleic acid
(DNA/RNA) purification and preparation.
• To work in a highly collaborative environment to generate robust data sets that are disseminated to team members via excellent written and verbal communication.
• To facilitate the smooth running and management of the TranSINE laboratory through preparing reagents and materials, managing lab supplies and orders,
ensuring that health & safety documentation and SOPS are in place, constructing and managing lab inventories and broadly ensuring that the laboratory is
operating to high standards of efficiency and excellence.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• A degree in the biological sciences.
• A minimum of 3 years significant hands-on laboratory experience, ideally working in a pharmaceutical or biotech lab setting.
• A strong background in essential molecular biology, cell biology and biochemical techniques, including but not limited to: DNA/RNA purification, plasmid construct
and primer design, molecular cloning, quantitative PCR, site-directed mutagenesis, cell culture, transfection, western blotting, fluorescent and luminescent cell-
based assays. Experience with lentiviral/AAV production and use, and CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing would also be advantageous.
• An understanding of experimental design, statistical analysis and data interpretation.
• An evidenced track record of delivering high quality data to tight timelines.
• Accurate and timely data recording, analysis, report writing and lab book maintenance.
• Adherence to Company codes of Practice and laboratory Health and Safety rules and regulations.
• Prior experience of lab management duties.
• Demonstrate excellent attention-to-detail in experimental work and laboratory management standards.
• The ability to work independently in the laboratory, following detailed instructions where necessary but providing own intellectual input and advice as appropriate.
Flexible attitude in regard to changing priorities.
• An understanding of the drug discovery process, and an appreciation of the key requirements for working in a biotech start-up.
We will offer the successful candidate excellent remuneration and benefits. Should you wish to be considered for this position, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 15th October 2021.