Biofidelity’s mission is to improve and extend cancer patients’ lives by enabling better targeting of therapies, early detection of treatment resistance, and routine monitoring of treatment response. Our unique technology is designed to allow rapid, broad adoption of our assays in testing labs around the world, enabling a step change in patient care.
At Biofidelity we are proud to have built a culture of teamwork, openness and trust. We work towards well-defined goals, with a strong belief that we can bring real benefits to patients. Our people are keen to take responsibility for their work and share both their successes and challenges.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including private medical care, share option scheme, pension, cycle to work scheme, 26 days per year holiday allowance and free physical training sessions.
Biofidelity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Bioinformatician to join our rapidly growing team. In this role you will play a pivotal role in developing and implementing bioinformatic solutions across our product development pipeline, from concept and development to clinical validation and product launch. An ideal candidate is collaborative, adaptable and enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
- Develop and implement pipelines for NGS data analysis and interpretation
- Architect secure, robust and scalable cloud-based tools
- Work closely with the R&D team, providing data analysis support and helping to improve assay performance
- Work with the quality team to develop high quality, maintainable code in compliance with regulatory requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background in computational biology
- Scientific software development experience (Essential, proficiency in one or more of Python, C, C++, or R)
- Experience with NGS data analysis (Essential)
- Experience in architecting and developing cloud-based solutions in Amazon Web Services (Desired)
- Prior experience adhering to Software Development Life Cycle processes and/or working within regulated environments (Desired)
- Familiarity with standard software engineering tools (Jira, Git, CI/CD) (Essential)
- Clear communicator, with a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work across the company including non-technical colleagues (Essential)
- Experience with variant calling pipelines for WES or WGS (Desired)
- Understanding of cancer genomics (Desired)
- Knowledge of software development and quality assurance such as ISO 13485, EN 62304, ISO 27001 (Desired)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- BSc/MSc in fields of computer science or software development or PhD computational biology / bioinformatics
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.