Mogrify is a cell therapy development company. We have developed a systematic big data-science approach powered by next-generation sequencing and gene-regulatory data to identify the optimal combination of transcription factors (in vitro) or small molecules (in vivo). This allows the conversion of any mature cell type into any other mature cell type without traversing a pluripotent stem cell- or progenitor cell-state. We are applying this approach to address the issues of efficacy, safety and scalability currently associated with cell therapy development.
We are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious Bioinformatician who wants to push the boundaries of cell reprogramming and join our expanding team at the Cambridge Science Park in Cambridge, UK. Joining Mogrify means being part of a passionate and innovative team of world experts as part of a growing company.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Be part of a highly dynamic and collaborative environment with pioneering science, integrity and diversity as our core values
- Play a pivotal role in the R&D team, actively contributing to generate predictions for in vitro validation of human cell conversions using the Mogrify approach
- Develop novel cell trans-differentiation algorithms and computational tools
- Analyse complex datasets from challenging biological samples including single-cell technologies and integration of different types of data
- PhD in computational biology or MSc with equivalent follow-on experience
- Knowledge of R and Python and experience in any of: pipelines, data integration or algorithm and bioinformatics software development
- Experience with analysis of next generation sequencing data
- Proven ability to work independently within a collaborative team and ability to manage complex projects under pressure and a sense of urgency
- Team player, self-driven with positive thinking and “can-do” attitude
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
Benefits of working with Mogrify:
We offer a competitive salary, and stock incentives along with a highly competitive benefits package including a pension contribution scheme as well as health, dental and life insurance.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company. If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the role you are applying for.