PhoreMost® is searching for a Bioinformatician to join our team!
Summary: Scientist – Bioinformatics
PhoreMost® are looking for talented and innovative scientists to join our functional genomic screening team and support our revolutionary discovery campaigns. We have developed a next-generation, high-throughput screening platform called SITESEEKER® to identify the best new targets for future therapy and the mechanisms to drug them. Our technology is positioned to massively expand the diversity of novel therapeutics for several key diseases of unmet clinical need – we are drugging the undruggable.
Who we are:
We are a biotech located in Cambridge, UK that seeks to open up new ‘druggable’ target space using a cutting-edge approach called PROTEINi® (protein interference). This technology has the ability to identify hidden, or cryptic, drug sites in disease-relevant proteins, and then target those sites with first-in-class small molecule or biologic therapeutics.
Roles and responsibilities:
• You will work as a core member of our growing screening team, contributing to the continued success of our SITESEEKER® platform
• Interact and collaborate with biologists and bioinformaticians in the team
• Design and execute analysis tasks, principally around NGS-based screening data
• Apply appropriate statistical tests to interpret experimental data accurately and precisely
• Document and communicate analytical findings clearly to colleagues and senior leadership
• Devise and develop new tools, workflows and strategies to understand our data in new ways
• Relevant PhD (or equivalent graduate degree plus proven applied experience)
• Technical expertise in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics & mathematical modelling
• A clear understanding of the contribution of bioinformatics to drug discovery
• Expertise in the analysis of NGS-derived data (amplicon based, ideally) covering QC, handling, processing & interpretation
• Proficiency analysing and interpreting data from 'omic platforms (genomics, transcriptomics, epigenetics, proteomics)
• Excellent knowledge of statistical principles as applied to biological problems
• Mastery of programming with R (minimally) and data visualisation expertise
• Rigorous attention to detail, structured thinking, consistent and reliable, team player
• Excellent communication skills and ability to disseminate complex data to a non-expert
Desired additional qualifications:
• Experience analysing pooled functional genomic screening data (e.g. shRNA, CRISPR)
• Experience of machine learning, graph modelling, artificial-intelligence, Bayesian analytics or other non-traditional approaches to model biological data
• Experience in pattern recognition or modelling of synthetic biology networks
• Experience in handing protein structure data and tools used in structural bioinformatics
Time: This is a permanent full-time, research-based position.
Please Email your CV and a cover letter addressing the requirements for this position to email@example.com.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role