At Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL), we apply leading-edge science with integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver greater value to our clients.
Mondelēz International’s Reading Science Centre provides unique opportunities in the provision of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training to its parent company and the wider food and pharmaceutical sectors.
Operating as RSSL we are customer focused, science led and results driven. Following on from our 30 year success story we are now offering a new role created to build on the success of our Biological sciences team, of which there are two key laboratories:
•The Biopharma department provides analytical research and development support to the Biopharma industry, focusing on protein characterisation, release testing, impurity testing, stability testing, microbiological testing including sterility and assay development and validation. Offering rapid turnaround testing to support the ATMP market, investment in cutting edge technology for greater provision of services and working with all our clients to provide an all-encompassing service (one-stop-shop). Based on a true understanding of client’s needs, expert scientific knowledge and experience and excellent customer service we are striving to become the leading CRO in the UK in our areas of expertise.
• The Pharmaceutical Microbiology team brings experienced scientists who are proficient in conducting sterility testing, endotoxin analysis, PET, environmental monitoring, disinfectant testing, microbial limits and water testing. Additionally, the experience of this team means we are able to work very closely with and partner our clients offering consultancy, troubleshooting and method validation all to a very high standard, which stands us apart from our competition. Practical exposure of GMPs within microbiology is key, with the acumen and vision to help champion and grow the microbiology business and offerings over the coming years.
In summary - RSSL provides a quick, accurate and authoritative service in biopharmaceutical products, enabling our customers to take swift action and protect their brands.
The role of Senior Group Leader will take responsibility for the management of the Biological sciences team to take the business to the next level of success. This encompasses management of contractual operations, delivery of budgetary responsibilities and maintenance / progression of the Quality systems and Health and Safety programme. You will manage a team of talented scientists and be accountable for ensuring that work is processed in a timely fashion whilst adhering to the prerequisite quality standards expected by RSSL clients.
The individual in this position will have a solid standing and network in the Biopharma industry and have demonstrated the necessary technical knowledge and business acumen to further build and implement the strategic direction for business growth. Additionally, the individual has strong people management skills to influence, manage and motivate a diverse group of scientists comprising different disciplines and capabilities.
Qualifications & Candidate requirements
• Science based Degree or PhD with significant experience in a product development/ laboratory environment and proven managerial experience.
• Knowledge of the technical area of expertise & business environment.
• High level of business acumen with strong ability to interpret, deliver and create new business opportunities.
• Substantial knowledge of Quality as applicable in the food industry (UKAS) and/or the pharmaceutical industry (GMP); and the associated regulatory bodies guiding the pharmaceutical industry (MHRA, FDA).
• Proven ability to lead, motivate & mentor a diverse group of scientific staff to achieve their respective targets/objectives – ability to manage teams through periods of change and able to mentor junior staff to develop abilities.
• Ability to plan strategically to ensure that adequate facility and resource is maintained/allocated. Meticulous attention to detail, excellent verbal and written skills.
• Technical credibility (food and healthcare) to develop good working relationships with internal and external clients.
• Ability to discuss and understand client's specific needs (internal & external) & to deal with queries as appropriate.
• Strong communication, networking and influencing skills and an ability to build customer confidence and commercial relationships.
• Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements. Well organised and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Proven track record of working/managing in a biopharma environment.
• Knowledge of ICH Q6B biologic characterisation testing.
• Experience with ATMPs and/or biosimilars.
• Experience in Operational Management.
• Experience of working for, or with, a CRO.
• People Management, Developing and Coaching Others.
• Previous experience in successfully managing financial contracts & budgets with appreciation of the key financial drivers.
• English fluency (written and spoken).
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Please be aware that this role may require handling of materials that may contain chemicals, solvents and allergens, and the appropriate protective wear will be supplied.
To apply please click here: https://mondelez.taleo.net/careersection/mdlz_global_external/jobdetail....