Sosei Heptares (the corporate brand of Sosei Group Corporation) is a research-focused biotechnology group, publicly listed in Japan (TSE: 4565) and with sites in Tokyo, London and Cambridge (UK).
Our mission is to make a significant contribution to improving the quality of life and health of people around the world. To achieve this, we will discover, design and develop the most innovative and effective medicines for patients worldwide, through our world-leading patent-protected StaR® technology and platform.
Our primary focus is the discovery and early development of new medicines originating from our proprietary G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR)-targeted StaR® technology and Structure-Based Drug Design (SBDD) platform capabilities. We are advancing a broad and deep pipeline of novel medicines across multiple therapeutic areas, including CNS, immuno-oncology, gastroenterology, inflammation and other rare/specialty indications.
We have established partnerships with some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, including Abbvie, AstraZeneca, Genentech (Roche), Novartis, Pfizer and Takeda; and additionally, with multiple emerging biotechnology companies.
Sosei Heptares has approximately 147 employees based at its new R&D research facility at Granta Park. The size of the company ensures a transparent linkage between all activities from early discovery through to clinical development.
We are seeking a motivated and passionate scientist specialising in biophysical analysis of proteins to join the Biophysics group at our research facility on Granta Park, Cambridge, UK. This is an excellent opportunity for a biophysical scientist to play a role in drug discovery projects at Sosei Heptares. The Biophysics team has expertise in methods including SPR, nDSF and MS approaches. We apply biophysics in small-molecule drug discovery from hit ID to drug candidate.
Working collaboratively on projects with protein scientists, structural biologists, chemists and computational chemists, you will be expected to:
• Provide quantitative biophysical data on protein-ligand binding (compounds and other drug modalities) including affinity, kinetic and stoichiometric data to inform chemistry design and mechanistic understanding
• Perform fragment and other compound screens, validate and characterise hits from these screens to inform design
• Generate high fidelity data and insights on the molecular mechanism of lead compounds and drug candidates
• Identify and drive improvements and innovations in biophysics, expanding the scope of biophysical methods currently employed at Sosei Heptares
The successful candidate will:
• Have received/about to receive a PhD in biochemistry/biophysics or a related discipline or have equivalent relevant experience in a drug discovery setting.
• Expertise and extensive experience in biophysical characterization of molecular interactions and mechanistic insights using Surface Plasmon Resonance.
• Experience in other biochemical and biophysical methods such as DSF, fluorescence-based approaches, mass spectrometry and single-molecule methods.
• Collaborate with other Sosei Heptares scientists on research projects and prepare and present results (written and oral) to program teams.
• Keep up to date with developments in the field, proposing and implementing changes as necessary and learning and applying new techniques where appropriate.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and interact effectively with a wide range of staff and collaborators.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
The successful candidate will be employed by Heptares Therapeutics Ltd, a UK wholly owned subsidiary of Sosei Group Corporation.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and benefits package including pension and healthcare schemes.
Applications should include a covering letter, providing a short description of the background to their interest in the role, with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please apply through our on-line jobs portal (https://soseiheptares.com/careers-2.html) with your application in pdf format, quoting reference number 2020-3BMS.
The closing date for applications is 4th September 2020.
Strictly No Agencies