Business Development Associate
Location: Cambridge, UK Start Date: Immediate preferred
Salary: Competitive compensation package including share options, subject to experience
There are over 7000 rare diseases, 95 % of which are without an approved treatment, Healx’s goal is to use its AI platform to accelerate the discovery of 100 rare disease treatments by 2025. To achieve this goal, Healx initiate drug discovery programmes and progress treatments through to clinical development, out-licensing or commercialisation. Healx will also built its rare disease pipeline through in-licensing, if appropriate.
Healx is looking for a Business Development Associate, reporting to the Head of Business Development, to provide insights and recommendations for commercial decisions and support licensing activities of rare diseases assets.
• Proactively monitor all commercial landscapes for all rare diseases therapeutic landscapes which may be relevant to the Healx pipeline.
• Identify, evaluate, and support the transaction of BD opportunities that meet the strategic scientific, therapeutic, and commercial needs of Healx
• Work with pharmacologists and other Healx functional teams to build strong licensing packages Provide support to the business development activities through the construction and analysis of valuation models.
● Commercial evaluation of rare diseases:
• Build comprehensive therapeutic landscapes, treatment paradigms for rare diseases, through secondary research.
• Provide commercial recommendations to the disease selection team, allowing strategic decision-decision making.
● Commercial evaluation of Healx drug candidates
• Secondary research of drug characteristics and IP position, and provide analysis and recommendations for the progression of drug candidates towards pre-clinical validation in collaboration with pharmacologists
Our ideal candidate:
● Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent degree is required; training in a biological (pharmacology/ biology/biochemistry) discipline preferred
● MBA or business qualification desirable but not essential
● 3 years’ experience in a business analysis/business development position in Life science pharmaceutical sector or management consultancy
● Understanding of IP: patentability, patenting process and freedom to operate
● Deep knowledge/understanding of the drug development process and the ability to integrate scientific, technology and commercial input into decision making processes
● Teamwork is essential for this role