Following our recent exciting collaborations with Merck KGaA and Novartis in place, Artios Pharma is recruiting for an experienced Cell and Molecular Senior Scientist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class research team in a dynamic, small Biotech company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting novel targets within the DNA damage response (DDR), a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively working on an exciting portfolio of unique DNA repair projects.
Outline of the role
You will join a growing research team within this innovative and expanding company. Your primary responsibilities will be developing and performing CRISPR screens, identifying and validating novel targets for drug discovery, or synthetic lethal interactions for Artios’ compounds. To do this, a range of gene editing approaches and diverse cell viability assays will be utilised.
Hits from the screening approaches will be validated using chemical and genetic approaches as well as cell and molecular biology techniques such as viability and survival assays.
The successful candidate will apply technical expertise in cellular and molecular biology to contribute biological data to Artios’ ongoing drug discovery projects and you will have the opportunity to work in multi-disciplinary collaborative networks, involving CRO’s and academic scientists.
Qualifications and Experience
• Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) plus several years of experience in a life science subject ideally within an industrial setting
• Proven track record of delivering excellent quality research
Key Skills and Abilities
• Extensive experience in cancer cell biology techniques particularly cell culture, CRIPSR, basic molecular biology techniques, proliferation assays and cell viability
• Experience in flow cytometry is desirable
• Ability to work independently in an organised and methodical fashion
• High level of IT literacy
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Flexible approach to change
This is a permanent position, offering an attractive salary & benefits package. Appointment will be at Senior Scientist l or ll level depending on experience. If you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com quoting Ref4206.