Sosei Heptares (the corporate brand of Sosei Group Corporation) is a research-focused biotechnology group, publicly listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE: 4565) and with sites in Tokyo, London and Cambridge (UK).
Our mission is to make a significant contribution to improving the quality of life and health of people around the world. To achieve this, we will discover, design and initiate development of the most innovative and effective medicines for patients worldwide, utilising our world-leading patent-protected technology and platform.
Our primary focus is the discovery, design and in selected cases early clinical development of new medicines originating from our proprietary G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR) targeted StaR® technology and Structure Based Drug Design (SBDD) platform capabilities. We are advancing a broad and deep pipeline of in novel medicines across multiple therapeutic areas including neurology, immuno-oncology, gastroenterology and inflammation. Our leading clinical programs include partnered candidates aimed at the symptomatic treatment of Alzheimer’s disease (with Allergan) and next generation immuno-oncology approaches to treat cancer (with AstraZeneca). Our additional partners and collaborators include Takeda, Genentech, Novartis, Pfizer, Daiichi-Sankyo, PeptiDream, Kymab and MorphoSys.
Sosei Heptares has approximately 145 employees based at its new facility at Granta Park. The size of the company ensures a transparent linkage between all activities from target to clinic.
Sosei Heptares has recognised the need to strengthen the management of our drug discovery/early development portfolio and ensure that commercial analytical support is being provided across the organisation to facilitate decision-making. The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate such activities both internally within the organisation and in partnership with commercial consulting and other external agencies in order to optimise the delivery of actionable insights across a range of functions.
The role would encompass:
• Coordinating quarterly drug discovery/early development portfolio review materials and other strategy documents to ensure messaging is clear and is concisely communicated. In practice this means working closely with Project Leaders, Business Development and Senior Research and Early Development Management
• Further development/refinement of portfolio management process through the implementation of appropriate tools/software
• Supporting project teams in developing business plans for each drug product candidate – including Target Product Profiles and sales forecasts – with the support of a commercial external agency or agencies.
• Identifying ad hoc commercial projects required to support key decisions across the organisation (project, business development, corporate) and manage execution with support of an external agency
• Coordinating commercial input into new target identification and candidate progression processes
• Facilitating preparation and pre-review of business development presentation materials and partnering meetings to ensure key aspects are anticipated and addressed
The successful candidate is expected to:
• 7+ years’ experience
• Biomedical science and business background
• Clear strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proficient in crystallising key points and messages and structuring presentations accordingly, including use of media e.g. PowerPoint
• Interest in the commercial aspects of the industry, exploring unmet medical needs and how these can be addressed with technological developments
• Ability to influence people
• Proven teamworking ability, routinely facilitating the exchange of ideas
• Ability to bring ideas to action as evidenced through demonstrable project management experience
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and benefits package including pension and healthcare schemes.
The successful candidate will be employed by Heptares Therapeutics Ltd, a UK wholly owned subsidiary of Sosei Group Corporation.
Applications should include a covering letter, providing a short description of the background to their interest in the role, with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please send your application in pdf format, quoting reference number 2019/3MP. To apply for this position, please follow the link to our on-line recruitment portal: https://soseiheptares.com/global-jobs-portal
The closing date for applications is 18th November 2019.
Strictly no agencies.