Congenica is a pioneering digital health company enabling genomic medicine, revolutionising the way genetic diseases are characterised and diagnosed, and providing life-changing answers. Our end-to-end solutions, from DNA sample to clinical report, enable the delivery of world-class genomic medicine services and the important clinical decisions that transform the lives of patients and their families.
The Congenica product presents all the information that a Clinical Scientist needs to investigate the genomic evidence of rare diseases, selecting from the extremely large volumes of data associated with a genome sample, combining it with complex reference data and displaying it to the user in an easy to access fashion.
The role is to develop new features and enhancements to the back-end Python components (APIs, batch jobs and supporting infrastructure) of the Congenica product.
• Code and unit test new product features and enhancements.
• Fix bugs raised by customers and internal teams.
• Review code written by other members of the team.
• Take part in design review meetings.
Employee Profile Essential – Attributes candidate must have on entering the role
• Degree qualified
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• 3+ years development using Python
• 1+ years of experience working with frameworks such as Flask or Django
• Experience of working in an Agile software development team
• Familiarity with UNIX/Linux and working in the terminal (Bash, etc.)
• Relational database experience and knowledge (SQL, ideally Postgres)
• Knowledge of web technologies Behavioural Qualities
• Friendly, approachable and builds positive personal and organisational relationships
• Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver
• Enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and able to prioritise
• Able to work with others, and willing to contribute to team
• Professional appearance and able to produce high standards of work
Desirable – Attributes candidate must have on entering the role Qualifications
• Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Interest in next gen sequencing and genetics, Biology
• Working within a quality system such as ISO 9001, 27001 or 13485
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ECS, RDS, S3)
• Awareness of common software vulnerabilities and software security best practices
• Experience of working on enterprise-grade software products
To apply please visit the company website: https://www.congenica.com/contact-us/#jointheteam