Congenica is a pioneering digital health company enabling genomic medicine, revolutionising the way genetic diseases are characterised and diagnosed, and providing life-changing answers. Our end-to-end solutions, from DNA sample to clinical report, enable the delivery of world-class genomic medicine services and the important clinical decisions that transform the lives of patients and their families.
The Congenica product presents all the information that a Clinical Scientist needs to investigate the genomic evidence of rare diseases. A key aspect of the system is the UI that selects from the extremely large volumes of data associated with a genome sample, combines it with complex reference data and displays it to the user in an easy to access fashion.
The role is to develop new features and enhancements to the UI components of the product, working with other UI developers and designers to improve usability and performance to support our demanding use cases.
• Code and unit test new product features and enhancements.
• Fix bugs raised by customers and internal teams.
• Review code written by other members of the team.
• Take part in design review meetings.
Employee Profile Essential – Attributes candidate must have on entering the role
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• 3+ years of experience working with React or other JS frameworks
• Strong knowledge of modern ES6+ single page application development and surrounding best practices
• Experience of working in an Agile software development team
• Good understanding of using RESTful APIs
• Medical / biological knowledge or interest Related Experience
• Commercial experience working on ES6+ single page applications using React, Angular, Ember or similar libraries/frameworks Behavioural Qualities
• Friendly, approachable and builds positive personal and organisational relationships
• Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver
• Enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and able to prioritise
• Able to work with others, and willing to contribute to team
• Professional appearance and able to produce high standards of work
Please apply via the company website: https://www.congenica.com/contact-us/#jointheteam