Sosei Heptares is an international biopharmaceutical group focused on the design and development of new medicines originating from its proprietary G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR) targeted StaR® technology and Structure-Based Drug Design (SBDD) platform capabilities. The company is advancing a broad and deep pipeline of partnered and in-house drug candidates in multiple therapeutic areas including neurology, immunology, immuno-oncology, gastroenterology and rare/specialty diseases. Sosei Heptares is a world-leader in engineering of functional, stabilized GPCRs in their natural pharmacological conformations (agonist or antagonist), enabling the determination of 3D structures of GPCR-ligand complexes useful for SBDD.
Sosei Heptares has approximately 145 employees based in the new R&D research facility at Granta Park. The size of the company ensures a transparent linkage between all activities from early discovery through to clinical development.
We are seeking an experienced cryo-electron microscopy scientist to join the biophysics group working on GPCR structure determination to enable drug discovery efforts.
At Sosei Heptares we are equipped with a ThermoFisher Glacios 200keV microscope and purpose-built sample preparation facilities. Applicants should be proficient in the preparation and optimisation of sample grids and have expertise in the operation of high end, high voltage electron microscopes, high-resolution data collection including image processing, automated pre-processing pipelines and high-resolution model reconstruction.
Experience of using EM for structure determination of membrane proteins and/or low molecular weight proteins would be a distinct advantage. This is an exceptional opportunity to participate in pioneering science with an Industry-leading Drug Discovery company.
The successful candidate will be expected to work independently, and:
• have a PhD in biochemistry/biophysics or a related discipline.
• take responsibility for electron microscopy and associated equipment at Sosei Heptares, including defining best practices for instrument use, training and supervision of other users, and hardware and software maintenance.
• perform screening of and data-collection for samples by cryo-electron microscopy.
• collaborate with other Sosei Heptares scientists on research projects and prepare and present results (written and oral) to program teams.
• keep up to date with developments in the field, proposing and implementing changes as necessary.
• have strong interpersonal skills and interact effectively with a wide range of staff and collaborators.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications should include a covering letter, providing a short description of the background to their interest in the role, with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please attach your application as either a pdf file or Word document and quote reference number 2019_1BMS. All applications should be done using our on-line recruitment portal https://soseiheptares.com/careers-2.html The closing date for applications is 21st April 2019.