Sosei Heptares (the corporate brand of Sosei Group Corporation) is a research-focused biotechnology group, publicly listed in Japan (TSE: 4565) and with sites in Tokyo, London and Cambridge (UK).
Our mission is to make a significant contribution to improving the quality of life and health of people around the world. To achieve this, we will discover, design and develop the most innovative and effective medicines for patients worldwide, through our world-leading patent-protected StaR® technology and platform.
Our primary focus is the discovery and early development of new medicines originating from our proprietary G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR)-targeted StaR® technology and Structure-Based Drug Design (SBDD) platform capabilities. We are advancing a broad and deep pipeline of novel medicines across multiple therapeutic areas, including CNS, immuno-oncology, gastroenterology, inflammation and other rare/specialty indications.
We have established partnerships with some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, including Abbvie, AstraZeneca, Genentech (Roche), Novartis, Pfizer and Takeda; and additionally, with multiple emerging biotechnology companies.
Sosei Heptares has approximately 147 employees based at its new R&D research facility at Granta Park. The size of the company ensures a transparent linkage between all activities from early discovery through to clinical development.
We are seeking an experienced cryo-electron microscopy scientist to join the Biomolecular Structure group at our research facility on Granta Park, Cambridge, UK, working on GPCR structure determination to enable drug discovery efforts.
At Sosei Heptares we are equipped with a ThermoFisher Glacios 200keV microscope and purpose-built sample preparation facilities.
Applicants should be proficient in some or all of the following areas:
• The preparation and optimisation of challenging samples for cryoEM and other biophysical and structural techniques.
• Have expertise in the operation of new generation electron microscopes and high-resolution data collection.
• Experienced in data processing, automated pre-processing pipelines and high-resolution model reconstruction.
Experience of using EM for structure determination of membrane proteins and/or low molecular weight proteins would be a distinct advantage. This is an exceptional opportunity to participate in pioneering science with an Industry-leading Drug Discovery company. A proven track record of publications related to cryo-EM applications in peer reviewed, journals is desirable.
• Have received/about to receive a PhD in biochemistry/biophysics or a related discipline.
• Troubleshoot and optimise samples and grid preparation, collaborating with protein biochemists and protein engineers.
• Perform screening of samples and automated data-collection (EPU) on both the in-house Glacios microscope and at the Consortium Krios cryo-electron microscopes in Cambridge.
• Demonstrate in depth knowledge of software packages and their application to analyse cryo-EM image data to determine structures.
• Collaborate with other Sosei Heptares scientists on research projects and prepare and present results (written and oral) to program teams.
• Keep up to date with developments in the field, proposing and implementing changes as necessary and learning and implementing new techniques where appropriate.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and interact effectively with a wide range of staff and collaborators.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
The successful candidate will be employed by Heptares Therapeutics Ltd, a UK wholly owned subsidiary of Sosei Group Corporation.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and benefits package including pension and healthcare schemes.
Applications should include a covering letter, providing a short description of the background to their interest in the role, with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please apply through our on-line jobs portal (https://soseiheptares.com/careers-2.html ) with your application in pdf format, quoting reference number 2020-2BMS.
The closing date for applications is 4th September 2020.
Strictly No Agencies