Sosei Heptares (the corporate brand of Sosei Group Corporation) is a research-focused biotechnology group, publicly listed in Japan (TSE: 4565) and with sites in Tokyo, London and Cambridge (UK).
Our mission is to make a significant contribution to improving the quality of life and health of people around the world. To achieve this, we will discover, design and develop the most innovative and effective medicines for patients worldwide, through our world-leading patent-protected StaR® technology and platform.
Our primary focus is the discovery and early development of new medicines originating from our proprietary G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR)-targeted StaR® technology and Structure-Based Drug Design (SBDD) platform capabilities. We are advancing a broad and deep pipeline of novel medicines across multiple therapeutic areas, including CNS, immuno-oncology, gastroenterology, inflammation and other rare/specialty indications
We have established partnerships with some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, including Abbvie, AstraZeneca, Genentech (Roche), Novartis, Pfizer and Takeda; and additionally, with multiple emerging biotechnology companies.
Sosei Heptares has approximately 147 employees based at its new R&D research facility at Granta Park. The size of the company ensures a transparent linkage between all activities from early discovery through to clinical development.
We are currently seeking an experienced protein crystallographer to join the crystallography group working on GPCR structure determination to enable drug discovery efforts.
This is an exceptional opportunity to participate in pioneering science with an Industry-leading Drug Discovery company.
The successful candidate is expected to work independently and:
• Express and purify GPCRs for structural and biophysical methods
• Set up and optimise vapour diffusion and LCP crystallisation experiments
• Collect X-ray diffraction data at synchrotron sources
• Solve and refine structures
• Present results (written and oral) to internal and external audiences.
Our preferred candidate will have the following:
• PhD in protein crystallography or related discipline and be familiar with purification of proteins from recombinant expression systems such as E. coli or baculovirus/insect cells, setting up crystallisation experiments including Lipidic Cubic Phase crystallisation, X-ray data collection, data processing, structure solution and refinement of novel structures and follow on complexes.
• Proficiency with single particle cryo-electron microscopy techniques would be a distinct advantage
• Experience working with GPCRs or other membrane proteins would be also be advantageous.
• Experience of working in a drug discovery environment where structural studies are used to drive compound design and medicinal chemistry would also be of benefit.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
The successful candidate will be employed by Heptares Therapeutics Ltd, a UK wholly owned subsidiary of Sosei Group Corporation.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and benefits package including pension and healthcare schemes.
Applications should include a covering letter, providing a short description of the background to their interest in the role, with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please apply through our on-line jobs portal (https://soseiheptares.com/careers-2.html) with your application in pdf format, quoting reference number 2020-6BMS.
The closing date for applications is 4th September 2020.
Strictly No Agencies