Organisation: Sense Biodetection Limited.
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Company: Sense is a rapidly growing venture-capital backed company that has developed an entirely new class of diagnostic product – an instrument-free molecular test. The Company’s VEROS™ products combine the superior performance of laboratory testing with the proven market benefits of disposable tests. Sense has ambitious plans to grow from its strong foundations and become a global leader in this exciting new segment of the diagnostics industry.
The Role and Responsibilities: The successful candidate will provide leadership of the Company’s Mechanical Engineering function during an exciting period of growth. This role will require being both team leader and technical expert and working with highly cross functional teams to realise next generation molecular diagnostic tests.
The role will include the following key responsibilities:
• Support the end-to-end product development process
• Develop and mentor other Mechanical Engineers within the company
• Liaise with Contract Manufacturing Organisations and suppliers
• Lead Mechanical Engineering team activities in close partnership with the Product Development Management group and other teams
• Manage Mechanical Engineering team resources across development projects
• Identify and manage competing priorities across multiple projects within the organisation
• Grow the Mechanical Engineering function within the Company by recruitment of high calibre staff
• Own and maintain appropriate software systems associated with the team function
• Provide technical leadership on new product development programmes
• Support the Product Development Management group by providing resource from the Mechanical Engineering team into projects
Applicant: The successful candidate should:
• Have significant experience of providing technical leadership of the design and development medical or diagnostic devices (ideally high volume, disposable devices)
• Have expertise in the use of a range of CAD tools and functions (e.g., 3D CAD – ideally CREO, Tolerance Analysis, Spring Design, GD&T)
• Have sound fundamental mechanical engineering abilities from hand calculation through to simulation
• Have an intuitive and practical understanding of mechanics, thermodynamics, and other core facets of engineering
• Be practical and hands-on with demonstrable skill at turning ideas into reality
• Have experience of working with devices which include both electronics and mechanics
More broadly, we are looking for a team player with the initiative, flexibility, drive and enthusiasm to achieve goals and exceed expectations in a dynamic start-up
Job Type: Full-time.
Package: Competitive salary and package (including share options)
Please send a CV with covering letter outlining what you would hope to bring to this role via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. We will only contact candidates who are selected for interview.