The Director, Business Development will be responsible for driving the growth in the European pharmaceutical and fine chemicals industry, with a focus on food, agrochemicals, flavour & fragrance and related markets through the development of collaborative research and development, license, and supply agreements. The role holder will develop and expand relationships with current key account customers and build new relationships and prospects to understand customer research and development, and commercialization needs.
Our client has developed a technology platform that enables discovery and cell line development in a range of growing markets through single cell analysis. The systems make the development of new biopharmaceuticals faster and more cost-effective, improve monoclonal antibody screening, enhance research efficiency and will offer exciting benefits to those working in diagnostics and therapeutics. Candidates must have:
Our Client is a biotech company developing next generation antibody-based therapeutics using cutting-edge synthetic biology to massively broaden the targets and therapy areas that can benefit from biological drugs. As the company enters its next phase following the appointment of a new CEO last year the company is seeking to hire a new Director of Business Development.
• You will be a Bsc. or Msc. graduate or equivalent
• Demonstrable experience in cell biology and/or protein chemistry including SDS PAGE, western blot, BIAcore/Octet is needed.
You will need to be able to work as an independent scientist but also be a team player and an excellent communicator with proven writing skills. Working to the highest standards, you will need to be able to work with a sense of urgency to meet the company’s ambitious goals.
• You will have a Ph.D or equivalent with relevant post-doctoral or industry experience.
• Demonstrable expertise in developing and running cell bioassays is essential with molecular biology, reporter gene and bioluminescent readout experience.
• Understanding assay performance criteria and the use of the right controls and standards is essential.