- Would you like to play a key role in shaping the delivery of international trade support across the region?
- Want to play your part in improving the wealth and prosperity of current and future generations?
- Can you help inspire a generation of businesses across the region to break beyond their existing borders and grow through international trade?
Exemplas Trade Services Limited (ETSL) delivers the trade support services for the Department for International Trade in the East of England. ETSL is a subsidiary of the Exemplas Group based in Hatfield, one of the UK’s foremost business support organisations with 200 employees based across the region.
In this role you can really influence the way in which the business transforms its strategy and overseas development and ensure it remains relevant to its clients and the markets in which it operates.
About the role
In this role you will identify overseas export opportunities and buyers, within the Life Sciences, Biotech and Healthcare sectors, and to match these with relevant regional businesses, with the aim of producing results which meet the targets set.
In this role you will;
- build relationships with small and medium size businesses in the life sciences, biotech and healthcare sector in order to support businesses to develop and grow their exporting success
- influence business owners and stakeholders to market and sell their products or services overseas;
- support events, promote various services and sector initiatives including UK, overseas and trade missions;
- design and oversee the implementation of communication strategies and other activities such as seminars and events to facilitate seller meets buyer events, both digital and face to face;
- forge relationships with DIT colleagues (both regional, national and international);
- leverage live business opportunities through partner relationships and networking;
- contribute to new export wins for clients in the region.
- You will have good knowledge of issues affecting UK businesses in the Life Science, Healthcare and Biotech sectors and the impact upon the economy.
- You will have demonstrable experience of international trade to multiple destinations and preferably across more than one sector.
- You will ideally have commercial international trade experience combined with experience in delivering international trade advice and support to other businesses.
- You will be a great communicator with excellent presentation, influencing and sales skills.
- You will be a self-starter, excited about working against challenging targets and timeframes, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with people at all levels.
- Relevant formal qualifications and prior membership of Institute of Export and maintenance of ongoing CPD are desirable.
What we offer
We offer a competitive package with a salary up to £37,180 per annum for the right candidate as well as a host of benefits including:
- A generous 10.5% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and ill-health income protection
- 26 days holiday (rising to 28 after 2 years’ service, pro rata for part time)
- A flexible and supportive working culture
- Wellbeing programme for employees
- A range of flexible benefits including flexi-pension, holiday-buy scheme, eye care vouchers, Uno buses discount, discounted gym membership (Hatfield) and a cycle-to-work scheme.
At Exemplas we are committed to equality of opportunity for all and value diversity in our workforce. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
The fine print
- Please note this role is fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund
- Please note this role is fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund, and it is subject to mandatory Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment screening comprising verification of identity, nationality and immigration status, confirmation of 3 years minimum employment history and/or other activity, and third-party verification of unspent convictions.
- Please note you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.
- Please read our recruitment privacy notice for information about how your personal data.
To apply forward your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please