F-STAR JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION: Financial Accountant
ABOUT F-STAR: At F-star, we are dedicated to developing next generation immunotherapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer. We develop mAb², a novel class of disruptive bispecific antibody-based therapies that have the potential to overcome tumor resistance and restore anti-cancer immunity and responsiveness.
We are committed to delivering life-changing treatments for the estimated 80% of patients with cancer who currently fail to have a durable response to immunotherapies.
Our wholly owned pipeline shows focused and potent immune activation, with a promising safety profile to date.
F-stars research team is based in Cambridge UK with an expanding footprint in the US from our Hub in Cambridge, Massachusetts to support our clinical stage requirements.
- Financial reporting - Ownership of many aspects of financial reporting, including balance sheet reconciliations and providing information to our auditors
- Taxation - Liaison with external advisors to ensure that F-star is compliant with all aspects of corporation tax and VAT. Provision of PAYE support to the Human Resources team
- Technical support - Technical input into complex transactions, including IFRS accounting treatment and tax considerations
- Internal controls - Implementation of a best practice control environment, working closely with business leads to establish control integrity across all areas
- Budget and Forecasting – Supporting the associate director of FP&A, assisting with the annual budget and quarterly reforecasting processes
- Ad hoc projects - Provide leadership on ad-hoc financial projects
• Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
• Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to deal with ambiguity; proven track record of managing competing priorities and achieving deadlines
• Self-starter who can work independently
• Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Intermediate to advanced applications software expertise (Excel and accounting software)
• Experience in the bio-tech or pharmaceuticals industry
• Broad knowledge and experience of reporting to stakeholders would be an advantage
• Knowledge of US GAAP
What F-star can offer you We get things done, we keep things simple and we’re driven by the science. We’re ambitious so we work hard to create an environment where we can take smart risks. We want to be innovative so encourage debate and collaboration to challenge the usual way of doing things. We love our celebrations, teamwork, and perks, which make F-star a fun and diverse place to work. And most of all, everyone has the opportunity to make a difference.
• Pension (8% Employer contribution)
• Equity Incentives
• Private Medical Insurance
• Health cash plan
• Life assurance
• 25 days holiday, plus the option to buy 5 days.
• Travel insurance
• Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption pay
• Flexible working opportunities
To apply, please visit our careers page here: https://www.f-star.com/about/careers/