ExecMind, a Life Science Executive Search company, connects globally high-profile scientists and executives with senior and managerial roles in the Life Science industry.
Together with a leading Polish Research Institution, we are looking for an experienced individual for a strategic position of Head of Bioinformatics. We invite to apply scientists and practitioners conducting international and innovative research projects in bioinformatics. The ideal candidate will be able to combine running of their own research group with the ability to support bioinformatics needs of other research teams in the Biotechnology Center. In addition, Life Science & Biotechnology Center will provide opportunities to collaborate in projects around oncology, neurobiology and imaging.
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
· Position of an independent scientific leader, who will establish a research group,
· Active collaboration and support of other teams in Biotechnology Department,
· Cooperation with other research facilities - companies, research institutes and universities,
· Applying for grants and ability to raise funds for project development,
· Managing a budget of a research group,
· Mentoring and leading a team of junior-level scientists.
· PhD in a relevant field – bioinformatics, biomedical engineering, biotechnology, medical chemistry, biology, medicine, life sciences, biophysics or biochemistry.
· Several years of international research experience.
· Demonstrated scientific achievements or applications in bioinformatics (including, but not limited to: analysis of NGS data, Big Data bioinformatics platform development, multi-omics data integration, NLP/AI/Deep-learning applications, molecular modeling and protein structure prediction) in leading international research centers.
· Experience in project management and supervision of junior researchers, demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
· Excellent command of the English language and excellent communication skills.
· Experience in applied research and/or collaboration with the industry.
· Experience in the field of Big Data analytics, clinical data management, designing databases would be beneficial.
· Experience in raising extramural funds (e.g., grant applications, funds from the industry) would be an advantage.
· Full-time contract and competitive salary at the level of remuneration for research group leaders in leading international centers.
· Commensurate with experience 36 days of paid holidays annually.
· One-time relocation bonus, help in the relocation, residence permits, etc.
· Funding for the team.
· Annual research budget guaranteed for a minimum first 3 years of research.
· Laboratory and office space for the group head and the team members.
· Administrative and organizational support.
· Access to the state-of-the-art equipment in the Core Facilities.
· A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary and international environment.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit CV by clicking the link below:
Or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would be happy to discuss with you the career opportunities and guide you through the recruitment process.