Elpis BioMed, Cambridge Start Up of the year 2018
We are a rapidly growing University of Cambridge spin out aiming to become a defining force in the emerging field of synthetic biology as the leading global supplier of human cells for basic research, drug discovery, and cell therapy.
We have established a unique cellular programming technology that allows for unprecedented levels of speed, consistency and purity to generate mature human cells at scale from pluripotent stem cells.
As a team of individuals, we value science, collaboration, openness, curiosity and creativity. We are united by trust and respect for each other.
Your role in our team
Elpis is looking for Head/Director of Marketing to join our commercial team! This position works with product management to lead the marketing efforts for Elpis's Stem Cell products. This includes building and leading a team of global product marketers and marketing assistants in setting product objectives, mapping out appropriate strategies, and executing effective tactics. This is a full-time office-based role in Cambridge, UK.
Your key responsibilities include:
• Build a product marketing team at Elpis.
• Long-term product marketing strategy, building brand awareness and roadmap for the Products portfolio.
• Work with product management to define Product strategies.
• Contributes to the development of both strategic and tactical marketing plans for areas of responsibility by proposing, developing, and executing detailed program plans for marketing campaigns supporting global regions.
• Responsible for website, press releases, social network updates and news flow
• Ensure production of marketing materials described in marketing plans including, but not limited to: collateral, flyers, application notes, direct mail, eMarketing / Web.
• Act as project lead and liaison to internal and outside vendors and contractors, maintaining excellent professional relationships in order to facilitate the conversion of marketing ideas and messages into effective marketing materials and sales tools.
• Develop and execute global marketing programs, including, but not limited to, product launches and sustaining programs described in marketing plans by development of appropriate sales tools.
• Ensure all marketing activities are measurable and grounded in attaining corporate revenue targets.
• Continue to maintain and develop world class web-site increasing awareness and lead generation and ecommerce platform increasing share of ecommerce revenue.
• Best-in-class delivery of projects, develop metrics, increased lead generation performance quarter- over-quarter to attain Elpis’s revenue goals.
• Must be able to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables.
With essential experience…
• Bachelor or PhD degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or a related field of study. Minimum of (5+) years of increasing experience, specifically leading marketing and strategy.
• Previous experience of marketing, and or sales, in the Life Sciences industry in the tools and reagents areas.
• Track record of success in launching new, complex products and achieve excellent business results; developing and implementing marketing and go-to-market/commercialisation strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
• Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in sales, marketing, and business (competitive) strategy.
• Experience in developing and deploying global integrated marketing programs; biotech and /or life sciences industry and related products.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, particularly for communicating scientific information, applications, and articles of interest, accurately and appropriately to different target customer segments, including Scientific Buyers, Influencers, and Users.
• Ability to effectively communicate value proposition and technical information to a range of customer and internal audiences required. Experience developing and presenting marketing materials required.
• The ability to travel throughout Europe and internationally as required.
To support Elpis staff and our culture further, we also offer a competitive salary, highly competitive benefits package including pension contribution scheme as well as health and life insurance.
To be part of our dynamic, growing start-up team and share our vision to build together the leading cell science company, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.