PrecisionLife is helping transform the delivery of healthcare by building the next generation of drug discovery, drug repurposing and precision medicine solutions to improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of delivering effective care. We’re a small but rapidly growing AI enabled drug discovery and precision medicine company with global ambition and partnerships with some of the largest international healthcare companies and research institutes.
We’re headquartered near Oxford, UK, with offices in Copenhagen, Warsaw and Boston, MA, and were founded by a diverse team of highly experienced life science, healthcare, AI and computer science leaders.
To learn more, visit https://precisionlife.com/
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Disease Biologist to join our team. We are looking for someone who is able to interpret novel correlations within large, multi-dimensional life science and healthcare datasets. They should be comfortable working in a virtual setting, coordinating internal and partnered projects through academic and contract research groups, and familiar with the drug discovery process and, in particular, target validation methodologies. The ideal candidate will have a background in neuroscience and some experience of working in or with industry.
• Interpreting the patient stratification and target biology results emerging from our unique bioinformatics and AI tools
• Identifying high quality assay systems and methodologies to validate new targets
• Designing experimental protocols, and analysing, interpreting and communicating the results of internal and partnered projects
• Contributing to the design of new experiments/projects to uncover new disease MoA's & insights from PrecisionLife analysis
• Assist in the development and validation of new internal analytical techniques
• PhD/M.Sc. in biology, biomedical science, molecular biology or closely related field
• Sound understanding of the concepts required to integrate, mine and analyse complex biological data and translate them into testable hypotheses
• Practical experience with in vitro/in vivo assays for target identification and validation
• Awareness of drug discovery and clinical trials process
• Knowledge of systems biology, pharmacology, and/or genomics would be a strong plus
• Ability to communicate complex biological analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
• Good communication and presentation skills with fluent English
• Confidence to make suggestions and influence change
• Ability to work to deadlines, while paying attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong customer service focus and the ability to build strong relationships
• Flexible approach to working in teams, individually and across a range of disciplines
• A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
What We Offer
• Competitive salary with performance related bonuses
• Stock Options (subject to qualifying)
• Company pension scheme
• Life Assurance/Death in Service Insurance
• Private Healthcare Scheme (subject to qualifying)
• Flexible-Hybrid working pattern model to allow for flexibly between remote and office working
• 25 days annual leave (pro rata) (increasing to equivalent of 28 days hols/annum on completion 3 years of service)
• Access to substantial number of courses and training events
• Excellent career development opportunities in a fast-growing international organisation
We follow the HMG’s right to work employment checks and you will therefore need to satisfy basic eligibility criteria/certain conditions of employment (e.g. nationality rules/right to work); and provide appropriate original documentation to verify ID, nationality, employment and/or academic history.
PrecisionLife is an ISO27001 and ISO27701 accredited business, fully committed to equal opportunities and operating a carbon neutral business. To learn more, visit: https://precisionlife.com/
No applications will be accepted via recruitment companies.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
In this policy, you will find information about our compliance with Data Protection Act 2018/ GDPR. You can find how to send us a request to let you access your data that we have collected, request us to delete your data, correct any inaccuracies or restrict our processing of your data. You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle your data with supervisory authority or you can contact our DPO at GDPR@precisionlife.com for more information or concerns. We process this data for recruitment purposes only. We store all candidate data in secured file with restricted access, and we will not share it with anyone else.