Cambridge Start Up of the Year 2018
Bit Bio is an award-winning spinout from the University of Cambridge. Our breakthrough technology combines synthetic and stem cell biology for the precise, efficient and consistent reprogramming of human cells used in research, drug discovery, and cell therapy. At Bit Bio, we are passionate about engineering human cells that will enable the medicine of the future. To do this we need talented and curious people who want to make an impact on the future of science and therapeutics.
As a team of individuals, we value science, collaboration, openness, curiosity and creativity. We are united by trust and respect for each other.
Your role in our team:
To support the execution of our ambitious research programmes for generating human cell type diversity by cellular reprogramming, we are looking for motivated and skilled scientists to join our growing science team as part of our immune cell programme. You will become a key player in the delivery of strategic research programmes, being involved in the planning of research projects, design, execution, analysis and reporting of experimental work. This is an opportunity to join one of the best stem cell reprogramming labs and conduct research with a real-world impact.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Working collaboratively within the immune team, providing intellectual and practical support to projects and guidance to junior members
• Supporting the delivery of research projects by contributing to their planning, experimental execution and analysis of results
• Working closely with the senior scientists and project management team to meet new product launch timelines
• Participating to project development by presenting your research to internal stakeholders and external partners
• Disseminating Bit Bio’s vision and research to scientific and lay audiences
• Are driven by scientific curiosity and a keen experimentalist with strong attention to details and organisational skills.
• Enjoy tackling research challenges through critical thinking and inventiveness, demonstrating the highest scientific rigour and work standards.
• Have a practical research experience that will allow you to design, perform and report on experimental work independently.
• Are a strong team player who will enjoy working collaboratively and supportively.
• Are comfortable and used to working to tight timelines and managing workload and priorities.
With essential experience in…
• A PhD in biological sciences with experience in the haematology field (or equivalent experience)
• Practical experience of cell differentiation systems and /or pluripotent stem cell biology
• Up-to-date techniques for phenotypic and functional characterisation of mammalian cells, including multicolour flow cytometry
• Practical experience with immune cell functional assays
• Knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques and mammalian transgenesis (transfection, transduction)
• Biotechnology industry experience
More reasons to join us:
Bit Bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
To support Bit Bio staff and our culture further, we also offer a competitive salary, highly competitive benefits package including pension contribution scheme as well as health and life insurance.
Location: Babraham Research Park, Cambridge
Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: Competitive / Hours: 40 p/w
To be part of our dynamic, growing start-up team and share our vision to build together the leading cell coding company, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com