OMass Therapeutics is an early stage drug discovery company specialized in applying state of the art biophysical platform technologies to discover therapies for severe unmet medical needs in immunology and genetically defined disorders. The company was founded by Professor Dame Carol Robinson to leverage her pioneering work in native mass spectrometry, in studies of dynamic protein assemblies, to characterise challenging drug targets including membrane proteins. The high resolution of our biophysical platform offers an unprecedented advantage in the detection of drug leads.
The company vision is to build an integrated drug discovery company, with biophysical platform technologies at its core, and develop a pipeline of novel therapies. Our ambition is to develop and ultimately commercialise our products.
Following successful Series A funding, the company is expanding significantly in different areas. This is an excellent time to join a dynamic growing company.
OMass Therapeutics is inviting applications for the position of Immunology Scientist (Senior Scientist I) to work within the Pharmacology Team. The company offers a thriving and creative environment for a well-suited candidate to become an integral part of our future vision.
We are seeking a cell biologist with expertise in immunology to join our growing team to provide support for different projects. This is an exciting opportunity in the fast-paced environment of a biotech company and requires a self-starter who is proactive and enjoys challenging problems. We are looking for an independent and agile thinker who can define and establish cell-based assays to support both ongoing drug discovery projects as well as target validation experiments for our candidate targets. The successful candidate will work as part of the Pharmacology team based in Nottingham.
Applications to be received by 28th February 2021
Essential Experience and Skills
• PhD or equivalent in Immunology, or related discipline.
• Strong background knowledge in immunology and interrogating signalling pathways.
• Track record of developing and validating mammalian cell-based signalling assays. with an emphasis for experience in cellular and molecular pathways relevant to immunology and inflammation.
• Experience in flow cytometry and with multi-mode plate readers.
• Experience culturing and handling various immune cell lines as well as experience of isolating and working with primary cells.
• Ability to learn and implement new technologies and protocols.
• Ability to work and troubleshoot independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Strong organisational and time management skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously as well as to prioritise and balance competing demands.
Preferred Experience and Skills
• Experience in pharmaceutical/biotech industry
• Experience in either GPCRs, solute carriers or inflammasome biology
• Experience of working with CRO
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits
OMass Therapeutics values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity, we also have full responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work and live in UK.
Applicants should provide a full CV and a brief cover letter describing their interest for, and compatibility with, the position. All applications should be submitted online via our website www.omass.com/careers/.
Any queries relating to the role can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.