Instinctif Partners is an international business communications consultancy, specialists in reputation, influence and engagement. We work with over 850 clients globally, from FTSE100 enterprises to SMEs just starting out on their journey. We are 450+ people in twenty offices in ten countries, working across six practice areas and a range of sector specialisms.
The Senior Account Manager must have a good experience of the life science sector and able to develop working relationship with clients, acting as the point person on the day-to-day running of accounts. They will be responsible for high quality execution and delivery of client work most specifically including corporate campaigns, insightful copywriting and media relations.
- Point person for everyday account management activities for a portfolio of clients – looking ahead to anticipate and proactively plan each account’s activities;
- Work closely with account lead to plan the communications programme to support underlying communications strategy;
- Develop and maintain client relationships and ensure regular client interaction;
- Develop and maintain close media relationships to maximise coverage achieved from client news and stories, and to ensure inclusion in relevant round up pieces, and identifying opportunities;
- Lead on understanding key messages for each communications piece and briefing/overseeing others appropriately;
- Copywriting /copyediting client materials;
- Demonstrate commercial awareness, including the ability to take responsibility and raise issues with account lead e.g. understanding value-add activities, identifying over or under servicing, client feedback etc. when necessary;
- Proactively suggest creative ideas which complement client core communications programmes e.g. speaker opportunities, award submissions, commissioning research, spotting media opportunities; and
- Support the financial management of clients, reviewing client spend and timesheet records, preparing invoices and checking supporting material, ensuring all costs are captured and passed on, and helping to pre-empt any billing issues.
Life Sciences Practice Support:
- Actively reading around the sector and current affairs to continually deepen understanding of the industry and keep the team and clients updated; and
- Support learning and mentoring of other team members – using experience and knowledge gained from reading around the sector to share key sector news, best practice advice, strong examples of client work etc.
- Research and support in the drafting of new business credentials, case studies, presentations;
- Supporting the senior team in new business meetings and pitches, attending as appropriate;
- Opportunity spotting – creating and identifying ways to expand existing client accounts with additional projects or introducing other Instinctif expertise, where appropriate; and
- Expanding their own network of influencers who might recommend us or alert us to opportunities (e.g. media, venture capitalists, analysts and corporate financiers as appropriate) that could benefit potential new, and existing, clients.
Skills & Experience:
Understanding of and interest in the life sciences industry;
3-5 years’ experience in the sector – ideally in a PR or communications role, but experience may have been gained in a consultancy, in house, in a university/charity or journalist environment;
First degree in a life sciences subject as a minimum;
Strong media contacts.
Advanced IT knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook);
Production of PowerPoint presentations to a professional level using templates;
Familiarity and competency in social media (e.g. Twitter and LinkedIn); and
- PhD and/or research experience;
- Other languages e.g. German or French; and
- Experience of the global life sciences industry, outside of the UK.
- Proven ability to build rapport with colleagues and stakeholders;
- An individual that shows initiative and takes responsibility for planning and organising their own work;
- An individual that embraces change and is quickly able to adapt to team needs/demands and priorities to deliver to set/multiple deadlines;
- An analytical problem-solver who is able to quickly and accurately identify key issues, will proactively support the team and has a passion for delivering communications in a business environment;
- A professional individual with exceptional attention to detail; and
- Personal gravitas and standing to interact with clients and other advisors at C-suite level.
Contract Information: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week worked during normal business hours); and
Right to Work Requirements: The role holder must have the right to work in United Kingdom.
With the recent changes to data protection laws Instinctif Partners Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. To find out more about how we use your personal information and your rights please see our Application Fair Processing Notice.
For more information and to apply for this position, please visit our website