Mogrify is a cell therapy development company. We have developed a systematic big data-science approach (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016) powered by next-generation sequencing and gene-regulatory data to identify the optimal combination of transcription factors (in vitro) or small molecules (in vivo) for direct cell programming. This allows the conversion of any mature cell type into any other mature cell type without traversing a pluripotent stem cell- or progenitor cell-state. We are applying this approach to address the issues of efficacy, safety and scalability currently associated with cell therapy development.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Laboratory Manager who is seeking to join a fast-paced environment and enjoy the challenges of being in a new start-up. The Laboratory Manager will play a pivotal role in maintaining consistent, effective operational management of our high spec laboratories.
Taking the lead in ensuring a safe, high quality environment you will work closely with highly experience scientists at various levels whom want to push the boundaries of cell reprograming.
At Mogrify, your responsibilities include:
• Oversee and coordinate the day to day laboratory operations, train and mentor junior lab personnel and ensure compliance with safety and regulatory standards.
• Manage laboratory instrumentation and equipment including servicing, repair, validation and calibration. Ensuring that new users have been trained on the correct use of the laboratory equipment.
• Working alongside the safety team you will coordinate training activities, ensure health and safety processes are implemented, manage new COSHH assessments and coordinate laboratory inspections.
• Have overall responsibility for inventory management and the ordering of laboratory consumables, ensuring stock levels are maintained and managed effectively.
• Supplier relationship management, negotiating best pricing for consumables and equipment, keeping up to date with new materials and equipment coming onto the market.
• Manage the process of the testing of laboratory samples according to operating procedures and relevant guidelines.
• Responsible for the coordination of regulatory and compliance activities for the labs. To include administration and daily coordination of Human Tissue Act (HTA) activities and audits, records and materials.
• Develop an ongoing system of evaluation that is appropriate to the needs of Mogrify.
• A degree and equivalent combination of training and experience in molecular and cell biology, biochemistry or life sciences.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a laboratory management role within a biotech environment.
• Knowledge of GMP environments and working experience with HTA would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of health and safety within the laboratory and scientific procurement.
• Have a flexible attitude, excellent communication and people skills, a strong organizer and problem solver.
Benefits of working with Mogrify:
We offer a competitive salary and stock incentives along with a highly competitive benefits package including a pension contribution scheme as well as health, dental and life insurance.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the role you are applying for.