Mission Therapeutics is an early-stage drug development company targeting the ubiquitin pathway for the treatment of neurodegenerative disease, rare mitochondrial diseases and fibrosis. The Company has built a leading platform for the discovery and development of first-in-class, small molecule drugs that selectively target deubiquitylating enzymes (DUBs) – an emerging drug class that is attracting significant commercial interest in the area of protein homeostasis.
We currently have a vacancy for a Lab Technician to join on a permanent basis within the Discovery Biology group at our Cambridge, UK based facilities. Mission Therapeutics is ideally situated in a fantastic new facility on the Babraham Research Campus at the heart of Europe’s largest biotechnology cluster.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing practical lab support to the Discovery Biology group, acting independently to manage compound stocks and complete routine laboratory support functions, whilst liaising directly with scientists to discuss their support requirements. Your job responsibilities will include registering, preparation and shipping compounds; checking consumable stock levels, ordering and goods-in; overseeing equipment maintenance; and preparing laboratory solutions as well as general laboratory housekeeping. As an additional element there are some areas of health and safety compliance including carrying out basic COSHH assessments and ensuring that laboratories meet H&S requirements and expectations.
You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment with constantly changing priorities, be well organised, self-motivated and have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
This role will be laboratory based.
Key Responsibilities of the role will include
• Compound management: - registration, preparation, and shipping of compounds
• Ensuring supply of laboratory reagents and consumables – prepare solutions, maintain stock levels, source alternatives
• Oversee ordering and goods-in activities
• Waste management: - wash and autoclave glassware, ensure waste is appropriately collected and disposed in accordance with local procedures
• Oversee maintenance of laboratory equipment and laboratory facilities
• Assist Laboratory Health and Safety Manager with reviewing and writing risk assessments and other safety documentation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Previous laboratory experience desirable
• Experience using databases
• Methodical and organised with excellent attention to detail
• Team player with good communication skills
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
• First Aid at Work qualification desirable or willingness to undertake training
We offer a competitive salary along with a contributory pension scheme and other excellent benefits.
If you would like to apply for the position, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 22nd October 2021.
In order to comply with UK employment legislation, all applicants for positions at Mission must have the right to work in the UK. In the event that a job offer is made, you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK before you commence employment with Mission.
All applications received will be managed in accordance with our Job Applicant Privacy Notice available to view on the Careers page of our website www.missiontherapeutics.com