Reports to: CEO
Based at: Norwich Research Park
The Marketing & Communications Officer will develop, manage and implement the marketing plans and campaigns to help drive brand and business growth. The role will communicate the company’s products, scientific expertise and data to global research, medical and business audiences ensuring strong awareness of the organisation’s capabilities. The Marketing & Communications Officer will also be responsible for delivering a comprehensive programme of online and offline marketing activities employing multiple marketing channels, which include digital and social media and support the team in exhibition/conference management.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. To develop, manage and implement the marketing plans and campaigns to help drive brand and business awareness and growth.
2. To work with the science teams to deliver communication programmes and scientific content for customer groups and the general media.
3. Create engaging scientific content to effectively communicate the benefits of the company’s technology. Write press releases and deal with media relations.
4. Collaborate with the wider team to communicate new findings to scientific, commercial and general audiences.
5. Identifying new and innovative channels and forms of scientific communications
6. Promoting the company’s attendance at international scientific and trade events.
7. Organise and promote events, webinars and symposiums for the company.
8. Manage the company’s online presence by creating digital content for the website ensuring that it remains current.
9. Establishing and fostering a community of cutting-edge researchers to promote the company, collaborate on projects and in focus groups and advisory boards.
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list and you may be required to undertake any other reasonable duties compatible with your experience and competencies. This description may be varied from time to time to reflect changing business requirements.
1. Accountable to: CEO
2. Responsible for: None
3. Internal: PBL, BBSRC, John Innes Centre, NRP, Leaf Operational Team
4. External: Research collaborators, funding bodies, opinion leaders, customers
Qualifications and Experience
1. A strong understanding of general science at BSc level or above with proven experience in presenting scientific and technical information in a clear and concise manner to various audiences.
2. Experience within the life sciences, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry is desirable.
3. Proficiency in various systems, including MS Office, Photoshop, email marketing systems, CRM (e.g. Salesforce), website content management, social media platforms and Google Analytics.
4. Experience of working a small company environment, preferably a contract research or contract manufacturing organization
5. Demonstrated experience of promoting science in commercial and academic settings
6. Strong all-round problem-solving skills with a methodical approach to dealing with challenges.
Skills and attributes
1. Able to network effectively with potential customers and stakeholders at external conferences and meetings and articulate Leaf’s scientific and commercial credibility and track record clearly and concisely to potential science and non-scientist audiences. Not afraid to establish new processes and procedures from scratch, but also challenge any existing practices.
2. A strong communicator with the ability to engage at a senior level and interact cross-functionally.
3. Someone who considers objectives from a broad perspective and communicates a "can do" attitude and positive outlook, minimizing negative behaviours.
4. A balanced decision maker who understands both risk and reward and who can work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated organizational skills with the capacity to manage changing priorities and ambiguity while remaining calm and controlled.
5. Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
6. Must be a team player and work well with others.
7. Service orientated with an eye for excellence coupled with strong project management skills.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com