At Mogrify, you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative team of world experts whose mission is to transform the future development of life-saving cell therapies using our proprietary direct cellular conversion technology (Rackham et al., Nature Genetics, 2016). Working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment, you will help to address the challenges associated with efficacy, safety and scalability in the development and manufacture of new cell therapies, making a difference to your colleagues, collaborators and to the patients we serve.
We believe that success is a journey undertaken by aligned individuals who respect and enjoy each other, an ethos that since its inception has enabled Mogrify to redefine what is possible for a newly formed biotech. In 2019, we have raised over $20 million USD funding, established a team with unparalleled track records and received recognition from industry peers for our innovation and potential to be transformative in the discovery and development of new medicines.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled and ambitious Director of R&D. The right candidate will believe nothing is impossible, and that given the right opportunity, their hard work and adaptability will allow them to achieve the highest standards, delivering world-class science, commercial success and patient impact.
At Mogrify, you will:
- Lead, motivate and inspire the R&D team to perform exceptionally
- Contribute effectively to the strategic direction of research in line with Mogrify’s objectives
- Ensures the team delivers results of the highest quality, to time and within budget
- Engage with external collaborators and key opinion leaders
- Scientifically lead new business efforts, working alongside the business development and leadership teams
- Demonstrate positive leadership qualities, mentor junior scientists, and foster a collaborative team environment; model desired values and behaviors, including quality, integrity, respect, and personal accountability
- A PhD in cell biology/molecular biology plus at least 10 years of industry experience (or equivalent)
- In-depth experience in principles and practices of cell biology methodologies, cellular immunology or stem cell biology (e.g., induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs)), including cell culture, cell transfection and transduction, development and execution of functional in vitro and preclinical methods relevant for various types of immune cells or stem cells
- In-depth knowledge in a particular disease area or cell type relevant to cell therapy
- Experience in leading, developing and motivating highly successful teams
- Ability to manage complex projects under pressure
- Experience in leading partnership/customer interactions a plus
- Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues internally at all levels across different departments as well as externally
- Approach everyday work with a sense of urgency
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Applicants should be highly organised, self-motivated, and capable of working both independently and collaboratively; adept at working in a fast-paced team environment with shifting priorities
- Strong leadership skills demonstrating vision and strategy
How will you be rewarded?
We look for great, not good, rewarding hard work with upper quartile remuneration and a highly competitive benefits package including:
Contributory pension (8%)
Health and dental insurance
Share options scheme
25 days’ annual leave – increasing to a maximum of 30 days
How can you apply?
If this sounds like you and you share our core values, and you can also bring something new to our culture, we’d love to share our journey with you. To learn more and apply, please send your CV and a covering letter stating the title of the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.