Biofidelity’s mission is to improve and extend cancer patients’ lives by enabling better targeting of therapies, early detection of treatment resistance, and routine monitoring of treatment response. Our unique technology is designed to allow rapid, broad adoption of our assays in testing labs around the world, enabling a step change in patient care.
At Biofidelity we are proud to have built a culture of teamwork, openness and trust. We work towards well-defined goals, with a strong belief that we can bring real benefits to patients. Our people are keen to take responsibility for their work and share both their successes and challenges.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including private medical care, share option scheme, pension, cycle to work scheme, 26 days per year holiday allowance and free physical training sessions.
Biofidelity is expanding its R&D team responsible for the development and optimisation of its core technology. We are seeking a talented molecular biologist with a creative and ambitious mindset to work alongside the assay development team.
- Development of novel molecular techniques and tools for high sensitivity molecular diagnostics
- Characterisation and optimisation of molecular assays
- Design of complex multiplexed reactions
- Detailed recording of obtained results
- Presentation of results to the team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to apply your knowledge and expertise to complex challenges
- Broad understanding of DNA manipulation methods including editing, amplification and modification
- Broad understanding of assay development methodology including testing of sensitivity and specificity
- Skilled in pushing molecular techniques into new areas, potentially working at single molecule levels
- Highly motivated, team-oriented individual with strong attention to detail
- Can-do attitude to problem-solving using novel approaches
- Experience in at least some of the following areas:
o High-sensitivity molecular assay development
o Multiplexed PCR/qPCR
o DNA/RNA extraction and sample preparation
o Isothermal amplification techniques
o Development of novel approaches for NGS library prep
o Development of assays detecting DNA/RNA target of interest
o Cancer diagnostics
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- PhD and 2+ years further experience in academia or significant proven industrial experience in molecular biology
- Substantial experience in the development of molecular techniques and tools
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.