The Office Manager has overall responsibility for a number of administrative and finance functions with the aim of maintaining and improving efficiency and productivity of the business. The office manager role is diverse, and embraces many skillsets requiring excellent organisation, an eye for detail, an aptitude for account and financials, and empathy and strong communications for staff engagement.
At BioStrata, we combine the worlds of science and communications to open eyes, change perceptions and support the growth and development of the life science community. Ultimately, the work we do ensures that companies, scientists and healthcare experts find and understand the technologies they need to drive discovery and improve the world around us. It’s why we are here. It’s our passion. It’s why we are one of the leaders in this field. We’re looking for people to join our growing team. Is this you?
Our core values make us unique and are key to our success. They work to unify our team and align our efforts to deliver our shared goals for the company and our clients. Our core values are:
- Do the right thing
- Get stuff done
- Do a ridiculously good job
- Be a modest expert
- Live to learn
- Be an analytical thinker
The Office Manager & Executive Assistant role
The Office Manager role is pivotal to the success of the company, providing solid operational support, requiring a helpful, friendly personality who acts as a lynchpin for day-to-day office activities and team interactions, but also an uber efficient, highly organised person to ensure smooth operations coupled with financial monitoring and reporting. The role includes activities such as Health and Safety management and ad-hoc assistance to the team and, on supportive administrative tasks.
This is a part time role, working three days a week. We are ideally looking to cover Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but can be flexible for the right candidate.
The primary functions include:
- General company administration support
- Support general office management, check stationary/orders and equipment supplies
- Perform receptionist duties: answering the phone, taking messages, filing mail processing and office cleanliness and presentation
- Answer general emails and postal correspondence with customers and suppliers
- Dealing with incoming & out going post
- Provide administration support for H&S risk assessments and updates (via online system)
- Manage suppliers such as IT support companies
- Booking of Leadership Team meetings and offsites
- Booking of meetings with Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) consultant (business consultant)
- Book travel across the team for client meetings, shows and conferences
- Book catering and meeting venues
- Negotiate and manage office insurance contracts
- Negotiate and manage new and existing office supplier accounts and contracts
- Booking of team socials and activities
- Booking of team training and offsite events.
New business and new client management
- New business/lead management – management of leads and correspondence through Hubspot and working with the Managing Directors on who/how to progress leads
- New client set-up – work directly with clients to organise MSAs, CDAs, client set up forms, and being the finance contact for clients, support onboarding process with clients
- Life Science News Wire (separate service offering) administration and management, including client interaction, invoicing, occasional database updates (this is a growth area of the business to further support and nurture)
- Daily updates of bank fees into Xero
- Reconcile all accounts at least twice a week
- Reconcile supplier statements and solve invoice queries
- Record and upload supplier invoices to Xero
- Set-up client sales invoices, using account team spreadsheet
- Reconcile all payments/transfers from bank accounts (including two foreign currency accounts)
- Process and upload personal and petty cash expenses across the team (GBP & foreign currency)
- Process and upload credit card statements and transactions as expenses
- Provide monthly reporting against budget for cash flow purposes
- Manage payroll data for submission to Payroll provider
- Manage relationship with bank
- Work with Finance Director to seek and apply for funding/grants and R&D tax credits
Executive Assistant responsibilities (shared responsibility)
- Provide executive assistance to the management team including appointment setting, calendar management, travel arrangements, and correspondence
- Assist in board and founder relations, including scheduling, document preparation and logistics for board meetings
- Process Director expenses and reimbursement claims
- Coordinate staff meetings, take and disseminate meeting notes.
- Support on HR and recruitment activities as required
- All other reasonable management requests
Interested? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Location: Cambridge, UK
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and supporting cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org OR apply directly via our website https://content.biostratamarketing.com/apply-for-a-role-at-biostrata-upl...