We’re looking for a Public Relations (PR) Executive to join our growing PR team and award-winning marketing agency in Histon, Cambridge.
As a member of a bustling, progressive marketing agency you will have access to a broad array of expertise to further build your science communications and PR skill set. A background in science (either BSc or PhD) and a passion for science communications is essential. Please note, this is an entry-level role that would suit someone straight out of university or someone with around 1 year of experience working in a PR or marketing agency.
At BioStrata, We combine the worlds of science and communications to open eyes, change perceptions and support the growth and development of the life science community. Ultimately, the work we do ensures that companies, scientists and healthcare experts find and understand the technologies they need to drive discovery and improve the world around us. It’s why we are here. It’s our passion. It’s why we are one of the leaders in this field. We’re looking for people to join our growing team. Is this you?
Our core values make us unique and are key to our success. They work to unify our team and align our efforts to deliver our shared goals for the company and our clients. Our core values are:
- Do the right thing
- Get stuff done
- Do a ridiculously good job
- Be a modest expert
- Live to learn
- Be an analytical thinker
The PR Executive role
This entry-level full-time role is perfect someone looking to enter commercial scientific communications, with a particular interest in commercial story-telling and public relations. Ideally, you would:
- Have a life science degree (BSc) e.g. biology, biotechnology, chemistry etc.
- Have exceptional organisational and time-management skills
- Have exceptional written and spoken English
- Be comfortable conducting daily email and phone communications with clients
- Be a fast learner with a passion for learning
- Have an immaculate eye for detail
- Be a self-starter and strong problem solver
- Have a genuine interest in working within a commercial environment, backed up by experience where possible (e.g. internships, previous job roles)
- Be a confident team player
- Be familiar with the concept of PR and the value it provides to organisations looking to tell a compelling story and effectively reach their target audiences
- Have an interest in developing the skills required to become a public relations consultant in the life science sector
What will you do?
You will work across a number of different executional activities, whilst learning how to build strategic communications programmes and comprehensive PR plans that cover everything from thought leadership content to new product launch initiatives. Tasks will include:
- PR planning and strategy development, including media planning
- Press release writing
- Brainstorming, briefing and managing writing and other PR projects
- Story pitching and managing editorial placements
- Interview set up and management
- Press conference outreach and set up
- Social media planning, research and execution
- Day-to-day client liaison and relationship management
- Project management
- Tracking programme metrics and reporting
Why choose a role in life science public relations?
PR is an essential tool that helps companies build, connect and engage with key audiences to change perceptions, generate demand for their products and drive commercial success. Every time you read a story in the press, see a speaker at a conference or on TV, or read a blog from a key influencer in your industry, there is a likely a PR expert behind them, supporting them with creative story ideas and finding innovative ways to get these stories out into the wider world.
By embarking on a career as a life science PR professional, you’ll be developing a valuable and highly translatable skillset that covers elements such as writing, story pitching, infographic development, media management and more. After all, a great story is only a great story if people can find it and engage with it. As a PR Executive at BioStrata, you’ll learn directly from industry-leading PR specialists about how we find ways to deliver compelling stories to key audiences, ensuring our clients are always a part of the ‘buzz topics’ currently lighting up our industry.
Salary: competitive, depending on experience and qualifications + Bonus scheme
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Cambridge, UK
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and supporting cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org OR apply directly via our website https://content.biostratamarketing.com/apply-for-a-role-at-biostrata-upl...