Start date 1 September
Flexibility of working in a small dynamic team
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated account executive to join our team.
The principal employer would be Scius Communications with time sub contracted to Charles Consultants on a flexible basis. The role is based at Scius’ London-based office. Flexibility for occasional home working
• Work closely with the team to deliver impactful communication strategies for clients.
• Excellent media relationships to identify both earned and paid media opportunities.
• Use digital and social media to support client objectives.
• Copywrite client materials e.g., press releases, web copy, articles, award entries, marketing emailers etc.
• Proactively suggest creative ideas that enhance client PR/marketing programmes e.g., spotting media opportunities, commissioning research, speaker opportunities, award submissions.
• Support new business meetings and marketing initiatives.
• Maintaining the Scius communications website in WordPress as well as social media accounts
We are looking for a confident individual who has a passion for communication and wants an opportunity to learn from people with deep expertise in the sector. This role will enable you to directly engage with clients and take responsibility from the beginning. The role is available from 1st September.
• Ideally 1-2 years prior experience in a relevant role i.e. PR, marketing or journalism.
• Understanding of and interest in the Healthcare and Life Sciences industry.
• First degree in a life sciences subject or equivalent demonstrable experience.
• Excellent writing, communications and interpersonal skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
• Demonstrated competency in social media (Twitter, LinkedIn) and interest/competency in media relations.
• An individual who can work flexibly within a team, is self-driven but will seek help when appropriate
Charles Consultants Life Sciences Ltd and Scius Communications are two boutique life sciences communications consultancies founded and run by two of the leading life sciences communications professionals, Katja Stout and Sue Charles respectively.
Co-operating together for the provision of consultancy services, as well as operating independently, we are focused on enhancing the value proposition for companies seeking investment, partnerships or customers by developing a clear narrative and brand proposition, and in creating awareness that builds visibility and value.
We work with clients to communicate the impact of their science and innovation to key stakeholders through the most relevant channels: crafting communications messages and solutions that best showcase each organisation, product or technology.
Core services include:
• strategic communications counsel
• narrative and content development
• investor, partnering, public and media relations
• websites, digital and social media campaigns
• scientific and business copywriting
To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Your CV
• A link to your LinkedIn profile
• A short summary (ideally a video clip) of why you are suitable for this role
• An example of your writing skills
• Compensation expectations
• Any other considerations/limitations
Due to volume of applications, we may not respond to everyone. You’ll hear from us by 1st August if we’d like to invite you to a Zoom interview.