Together with a leading research centre focused on Life Sciences, we are looking for an established scientist who can propose a bold research program based on creating computational models related to diagnostics and epidemiology. You will be present and implement a clear long-term vision to establish your research group.
Your key area of expertise will be creating computational modelling around epidemiology phenomena.
• Creation and implementation of a research program in the field of modern diagnostics
• Ensuring scientific excellence of research works carried out in the implemented projects
• Ensuring active and transparent cooperation within the research team
• Building your research team
• Active participation in obtaining external funds for the research
• Attending conferences and workshops and bringing knowledge to the research
• Publishing in high-impact journals
• Building a solid scientific network, establishing collaborations – promoting a collaborative attitude among group members
• PhD in the area of mathematical, physical sciences, bioinformatics or infectious disease biology, pathogen biology or related discipline
• Post-doctoral training in the area corresponding with one of the core areas of the Center for Population Diagnostics
• Proven experience in project management and supervision of junior researchers demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills
• Scientific achievements commensurate with years of experience (demonstrated by publications/patents) in the computational modelling field using Artificial
• Experience in raising extramural funds (e.g. grant applications, funds from the industry)
• Analytical skills, critical thinking, and a drive to solve problems.
• Fluency in English.
• Full-time contract of employment with 36 days of paid holidays annually
• Attractive salary with an extended set of benefits and relocation package
• Funding for setting up a research group and an annual research budget for at least three years of research
• Access to state-of-the-art research equipment and apparatus
• Opportunity to join an ambitious, developing organization which aims to be a leading research institute in Europe, in a position directly involved in creating the
vision of the institution
• Dynamic work environment focused on applied research and commercialization
• A highly independent job.
Sounds interesting? Please, let us know about your experience and apply for this role.