Inivata is a leader in liquid biopsy. Our InVision® platform unlocks essential genomic information from a simple blood test to transform the care of cancer patients. Our technology is based on pioneering research from the Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute, University of Cambridge and backed by multiple high calibre publications. Our lead product, InVisionFirst™-Lung, is commercially available and provides molecular insights that enable clinicians to make more informed treatment decisions for NSCLC patients. Inivata is actively partnering with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies on InVisionFirst™-Lung and our wider platform, which is applicable to a range of cancer types. We have a CLIA laboratory in Research Triangle Park, NC and laboratories in Cambridge, UK.
Reporting to the Director of Technology Development, the Principal Scientist is responsible for wet-lab technology and assay development. In addition, close collaboration with Product Development, Bioinformatics and Computational Biology are required. This includes development of novel molecular biology methods, automation of assays; technology transfer planning, organization and execution; US and UK Clinical Laboratory training and technical support; and support for the Product Development team. The Principal Scientists works closely with Product Development, US/UK Clinical Operations, Computation Biology, Project Management and Quality to coordinate and ensure the successful development of Inivata Commercial Products. The role does require some travel to the Inivata site in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, US.
• Lead the Technology Development group from proof of principle experiments to successfully transfer novel wet lab molecular biology workflows to the Product Development Team.
• Optimize experimental methods, where possible using standard technology platforms, accelerate timelines and streamline the technical transfer processes.
• Provide technical leadership to group members on automating workflows.
• Work closely with the Director of Technology Development, The Head of Science and Innovation and the Computation Biology team to design, analyze and execute experiments.
• Degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or a similar field.
• Excellent molecular biology skills.
• Expert in automating molecular biology workflows, prior experience with Hamilton platforms is an advantage
• A minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
• Proven leadership experience.
• Strong expertise in automation of novel molecular biology workflows for NGS and implementation in a production environment.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Understanding of computation analysis tools and ability to successfully communicate with bioinformatics.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
Inivata Limited is based in Cambridge, UK.
Please apply using this link: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/inivata/jobs/principal_scientist_...
No agencies please.
The closing date for applications is 23rd June 2019