POSITION: Project Manager/Senior Project Manager
LOCATION: Cambridge, UK or Cambridge, U.S
ABOUT F-STAR: At F-star, we are dedicated to developing next generation immunotherapies to transform the lives of patients with cancer. We develop mAb², a novel class of disruptive bispecific antibody-based therapies that have the potential to overcome tumor resistance and restore anti-cancer immunity and responsiveness.
We are committed to delivering life-changing treatments for the estimated 80% of patients with cancer who currently fail to have a durable response to immunotherapies.
Our wholly owned pipeline shows focused and potent immune activation, with a promising safety profile to date.
F-stars research team is based in Cambridge UK with an expanding footprint in the US from our Hub in Cambridge, Massachusetts to support our clinical stage requirements.
• Project managing the delivery of robust clinical and translational packages for F-star’s bispecific antibodies in close collaboration with cross functional team members and in particular clinical operations.
• Working with key stakeholders within the CMC, Clinical Strategy & Operations and Translational Science teams to contract and project manage clinical activities for Phase I and II clinical studies.
• Work with the project team to develop and translate project strategy into operational plans and budget that meets internal and external stakeholder requirements.
• Manage project team interaction with key collaborators and ensure effective communication to maximise value of collaboration.
• Monitor all project activities at external contractors and ensure appropriate timelines, budget and quality standards are met.
• Management of project budgets (forecast and active tracking) and maintaining active project plans (using MS Project), management of risk registers and gap analysis.
• Contribute to the preparation of regulatory briefing documents and preclinical/clinical elements of regulatory submission documents
Education and Experience:
• BSc in life science.
• Advanced degree in life sciences advantageous.
• Experience of project/strategical management of clinical projects including budget forecasting and active tracking.
• Experience in biologics drug development preferred, but a solid understanding of biologic/pharmaceutical drug development is essential.
• Experience in oncology drug development preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Demonstrated successful translation of complex pre-clinical and clinical activities and strategy into project plans and key deliverables for future clinical development stages.
• Proven track record in facilitating multi-functional matrix teams to deliver high quality decisions and packages on-time and on-budget.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively use MS Project or similar to generate integrated project plans and other PM tools to report project progress, budgets tracking and risks.
• Demonstrated excellence in stakeholder management. This role requires solution-finding attitude, and agility as evidenced by flexibility, adaptability to change, curiosity, and ability to drive change.
• Strong organisational skills and independent, proactive approach is a must.
• Excellent verbal and written clear communication skills and ability to work flexibly and collaboratively to drive effective global and virtual project team working.
• Demonstrated skills in project delivery, networking internally and externally and in global cross functional settings with stakeholders at all levels.
• Demonstrated scientific credibility, and ability to input and influence projects through scientific and operational expertise; proven ability to interpret complex data.
What F-star can offer you We get things done, we keep things simple and we’re driven by the science. We’re ambitious so we work hard to create an environment where we can take smart risks. We want to be innovative so encourage debate and collaboration to challenge the usual way of doing things. We love our celebrations, team work and perks, which make F-star a fun and diverse place to work. And most of all, everyone has the opportunity to make a difference.
To apply, please visit our careers page here: https://www.f-star.com/about/careers/