Director of Assay Development
To provide assay development support for drug discovery projects in the oncology and immune-oncology fields.
• Learning and employing a broad range of assay techniques and technologies eg Flow cytometry, FMAT, TR-FRET and reporter assay
• Performing a range of cell-based assays including cell binding, receptor competition, proliferation and cytokine release for profiling and ranking lead humabody VH
• Contribute to assay development within the drug discovery cascade optimising and conducting medium throughput assays for IO targets.
• Analysis and QC of screening and profiling data.
• Responsibility for key tasks within the team, including implementation, maintenance and validation of key equipment.
• Participating in cross-functional project teams.
• Working flexibly as part of a high performing team of assay scientists
Education and Experience
• BSc/MSc or equivalent in a relevant biological discipline.
• Good understanding of immunology and preferably cancer biology.
• Experience of cell-based assays such as binding, proliferation, cytotoxicity, apoptosis, viability or cytokine release.
• Experience of working in cross-functional project teams to deliver high quality data in a timely manner
Skills and Knowledge
• Demonstrable skill in the cell handling and culture with good sterile technique, primary cell isolation and culture desirable
• Knowledge of biochemical and cell assays techniques in plate-based formats eg ELISA, FRET, Flow cytometry and FMAT
• Experience in the design of experiments, interpretation of data and trouble shooting.
• Ability to perform experiments with high a degree of accuracy and independence
• Highly organised with good attention to details, able to prioritise work, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Be flexible, pro-active and a good team player with a willingness to tackle both new and routine tasks
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent abilities in record keeping and maintenance of clearly written laboratory notebooks to a standard required for publications and patent filings.
• Motivated by science and oncology drug discovery
This is a fixed term (12 month) role offering an attractive salary & benefits package, if you have the right background, then please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com