4basebio is an innovative gene synthesis company with the ambition to provide high quality, synthetic DNA for use in gene therapies and gene vaccines. The company is expanding their research and development team at our offices in Cambridge, UK to facilitate the scaling of our proprietary DNA manufacturing process and develop non-viral nanoparticles and AAV vectors for DNA delivery. We are looking for dynamic and experienced team members to help us achieve our ambitions and goals.
• Accountable for the development and optimisation of AAV vectors for gene therapy.
• Lead AAV production and purification systems to produce research-grade AAV.
• Mechanistically understand and improve AAV production with our synthetic DNA templates.
• Perform analytical techniques on vector preparations (qPCR, ELISA, protein gels etc).
• Ensure validity and reliability of data and maintain accurate records.
• From time-to-time support additional high-priority projects to meet deadlines.
• Attend and participate in relevant meetings, training, and development sessions.
• Use and maintain company equipment in accordance with the company’s SOPs and health & safety guidelines.
• Undertake any other appropriate roles and responsibilities that reasonably fall within the role holder’s skills and experience as requested.
• Be prepared to travel to other 4basebio sites.
• PhD / MSc + industry experience in relevant scientific field.
• Extensive experience in AAV production and purification using HEK293 cells.
• Hands-on experience with molecular biology, cell culture, transfection, infection, and cell-based assays.
• Proficient in Western, ELISA, flow, PCR techniques.
• Experience cloning DNA constructs in bacterial systems.
What we can offer:
Competitive salary + private healthcare + pension contributions + life assurance
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering email to HR@4basebio.com