Adrestia Therapeutics is an exciting, new and quickly developing biotechnology company that is systematically defining imbalances connected to various human genetic diseases and developing new ways to treat them. Fundamental to our science are precision cellular disease models and our innovative Disease Rebalancing, Target Discovery and Drug Discovery platforms.
As a consequence of our highly successful Series-A fundraise, we are now seeking to recruit a range of highly accomplished, dedicated, resourceful and team-oriented personnel to join us in our new facilities on the Babraham Research Campus near Cambridge, Europe’s largest biotechnology cluster.
Role: Research Scientist
We are seeking to recruit dedicated, organized, versatile and proactive Research Scientists to join our team. As a Research Scientist, your primary responsibility will be to apply your expertise in mammalian cell and/or molecular biology to contribute to the Company’s research programmes relating to multiple therapeutic areas. Specifically, as part of a focused research team, you will contribute to designing, developing and phenotyping cell-based disease models, then carrying out genetic screens and ensuing target validation studies.
The post-holder will at all times operate with the highest levels of scientific and professional integrity, honesty and
openness. Roles within the company will include:
• Plan and execute laboratory experiments as agreed upon with Senior Scientists and company advisors.
• Stay up to date with scientific literature.
• Participate in company meetings to facilitate and drive projects to completion and where required, participate in
meetings with external academic and commercial parties.
• Provide documentation of experimental work in the form of notebooks and reports, and present data in company
Qualifications and other requirements:
• MSc degree or higher in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or a related subject, or equivalent industry
• Experience in molecular biology techniques including DNA extractions, design of primers, PCR, RT- PCR.
• Strong experience in cell biology, cell culture, transfection, siRNA studies, stable cell line generation and/or cell
• Good understanding and knowledge of mammalian cell biology, and high-throughput screening approaches.
• Experience in CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing and screens is highly desirable.
• Experience with sample generation of next-generation DNA sequencing advantageous.
• Self-motivated, reliable, versatile and resourceful, with demonstrated ability to meet agreed timelines.
• Excellent communication, team working and presentation skills.
• Experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry is advantageous.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist to advance their career in a dynamic and quickly-growing
biotech company, and to contribute to the development of innovative new medicines.
We will offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To comply with UK employment legislation, applicants for positions at Adrestia therapeutics must have the right to work in the UK. In the event that a job offer is made, you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK before you commence employment with Adrestia.
All applications received will be managed in accordance with our Job Applicant Privacy Notice available to view on the Careers page of our website www.adrestia.com.
No agencies, thank you.