Cerevance is a private pharmaceutical company focused on central nervous system diseases. The company’s strengths include its powerful NETSseq target discovery platform, a pipeline of novel discovery-stage and clinical-stage compounds and a proven team. Cerevance specialises in identifying and validating innovative drug targets using its powerful technology platform that profiles discrete brain cell populations in human brain tissue. We are well positioned to deliver life-changing therapeutics for patients who have brain-related disorders.
We seek to recruit a cell biologist for a permanent position based in our Cambridge, UK facility to support target validation and early stage drug discovery using state-of-the-art technologies. The successful candidate will have experience in a neuroscience research environment in academia or pharmaceutical industry, ideally in the field of neurodegeneration.
- BSc/MSc and at least 4 years research experience in cell biology or neuroscience-related field
- Experience in primary culture of neuronal cells
- Experience with cell-based viability and enzyme activity assays
- Experience in cell biology techniques, particularly, immunoblotting, ELISA, immunocytochemistry, plasmid and RNAi transfection and/or transduction
- Understanding of neurodegenerative disorders, particularly Alzheimer’s disease
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry research
- Cell biology experience in neurodegenerative disease research
- Experience in high-content imaging
- Experience with iPSC neuronal culture
Candidates must be highly motivated and flexible with the ability to multi-task. Good interpersonal skills are essential as you will be working closely with other members of key drug discovery programmes and with scientists from other disciplines in support of our research projects.
The company offers a competitive salary and flexible benefits package.
Please e-mail a covering letter, your c.v. and the names of two referees to: email@example.com