Adrestia Therapeutics is an exciting, new and quickly developing biotechnology company that is systematically defining imbalances connected to various human genetic diseases and developing new ways to treat them. Fundamental to our science are precision cellular disease models and our innovative Disease Rebalancing, Target Discovery and Drug Discovery platforms.
As a consequence of our highly successful Series-A fundraise, we are now seeking to recruit a range of highly accomplished, dedicated, resourceful and team-oriented personnel to join us in our new facilities on the Babraham Research Campus near Cambridge, Europe’s largest biotechnology cluster.
Role: Research Technician
We are seeking to recruit dedicated, organized, versatile and proactive Research Technicians to join our team. As a Research Technician your main roles will be to apply your expertise in mammalian cell and/or molecular biology to contribute to the Company’s research programmes. Specifically, as part of a small research team, you will contribute to the generation and analysis of cell models, genetic screens and/or cell-based target validation studies.
The post-holder will at all times operate with the highest levels of scientific and professional integrity, honesty and
openness. Roles within the company will include:
• Support Senior Scientists and Research Scientists by performing cell-based experiments and standard molecular
and cell biology-based assays.
• Ensuring that all experimental procedures are efficiently and safely aligned to agreed directions and goals.
• Keeping inventories of laboratory supplies, and making stock solutions as required.
• Providing documentation of work in the form of notebooks and reports.
• Maintaining excellent working relationships with other company employees.
Qualifications and other requirements:
• BS degree in biological sciences or related field (preferably areas of molecular/cell biology).
• Previous research laboratory experience relating to mammalian cell culture.
• Experience in CRISPR/Cas9 technology and other molecular biology techniques (DNA cloning, PCR,
mutagenesis, Western blotting, DNA, RNA and protein analysis) is advantageous.
• High attention to detail and good record keeping.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Reliable, resourceful, trustworthy and self-motivated.
• Able to work effectively in a matrix environment, prioritise and deliver in accordance to agreed timelines.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist to advance their career in a dynamic and quickly-growing
biotech company, and to contribute to the development of innovative new medicines.
We will offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to comply with UK employment legislation, all applicants for positions at Adrestia therapeutics must have the right to work in the UK. In the event that a job offer is made, you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK before you commence employment with Adrestia.
All applications received will be managed in accordance with our Job Applicant Privacy Notice available to view on the Careers page of our website: www.adrestia.com.
No agencies, thank you.