Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and food sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we were recognised as OBN’s Best CRO, Women in Business Enlightened Employer and Business of the Year award winners.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 22 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of science enhancing lives.
Purpose of the Role
In this role you will contribute towards this by being a Senior Account Manager for the Pharmaceutical Sector and grow the business to meet RSSL’s financial targets. Support the core lead deliver to the RSSL.
For the top 8 strategic accounts the role will:
• Grow revenues to set targets with routine work working with procurement team and securing large contracts
• Develop customer management strategies
• Lead and support high value opportunities as required
You will also contribute to strategic commercial initiatives and as appropriate be accountable for implementation and delivery of these initiatives as well as provide support to wider commercial team activities.
• To be the account manager for a number of designated strategic accounts (n=8-10) acting as the principal contact between the client and RSSL Pharmaceuticals
Core Business operation teams in order to achieve sales growth.
• To lead the development of, and cross sell service offerings to a number of strategic accounts.
• Represent RSSL at external events (conferences, exhibitions, seminars, industry meetings) to achieve sales growth.
• Proactively provide insight regarding market needs, trends competitor awareness to the Pharma commercial lead and Pharma Core Lead to influence the commercial strategy and subsequent new service opportunities.
• Manage major proposals, including the coordination of responses from technical colleagues, collation and issuing of proposal and any relevant follow-up e.g. presentations and negotiation.
• To contribute to company strategic initiatives and projects as required.
• Generally assist in activities leading to the development and growth of the RSSL Pharma business.
• Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; raise questions and concerns when faced with an ethical or compliance issue; apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct.
More about this role
Job specific requirements:
• Proven scientific background with recognised qualifications
• Some experience in customer services and sales
• Understanding of laboratory work and its application to solving customer problems
• Ability in dealing/negotiating with Master Service and technical agreements
• Project management skills are an advantage
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively by telephone, written communication and face-to-face
• An organised approach, capable of working on several projects at any one time and able to prioritise requests
• The ability to offer valuable advice and guidance on a broad range of scientific techniques to clients
• The ability to create solutions to complex scientific and business issues.
Travel requirements: 25 %.
Company: Reading Scientific Services Limited
To apply for this role please click here: https://wd3.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/mdlz/External/job/Reading...
To view all RSSL vacancies, please click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies