Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
As demand for our pharmaceutical sciences services continues to increase, RSSL is inviting scientists with extensive technical leadership experience to join us on a part-time consultative basis.
Consultant Pharmaceutical Scientists give RSSL the flexibility to meet unpredictable client needs as different GMP labs experience spikes in demand at different times by providing a more ad-hoc scientific support in one or a range of areas. You’ll play a pivotal role providing technical input, hands-on support, problem-solving expertise and mentorship on key projects across the pharmaceutical industry.
RSSL are excited to speak to individuals with a range of part-time availabilities as these roles can accommodate a variety of different working arrangements.
- Provide input for technical strategy within pharmaceutical laboratories.
- Lead the problem-solving of complex scientific challenges.
- Facilitate the project management of various endeavours in the pharmaceutical sciences area.
- Perform complex and routine analysis using analytical chemistry techniques, provide support in the design of study protocols as well as the maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment.
- Provide technical direction to the business through collaboration with other senior scientists and technical leaders.
- Supervise staff in routine activities and methods.
- Ensure effective organisation, integrity of analytical data and provision of results.
- Perform data checking and provide interpretation of results for routine testing.
- Generate certificate analysis or external interpretive reports.
COMMUNICATION AND INFLUENCE:
- Liaise with clients, commercial and senior leadership to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
- Provide expert advice and lead client and stake holders meetings.
- Deliver external presentations of data and internal presentations to senior technical stakeholders.
- Contributes to technical strategies & influence senior management.
- Provide mentorship and training to other scientists within the team.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- To complete assigned quality actions in a timely manner, including review and approval and thoroughly investigate atypical / OOS results.
- Write and approve SOPs and Test Methods.
- Generation and approval of Risk Assessments and COSHH
- Understand and provide technical regulatory leadership in client audits.
- To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- To understand and work to the requirements of GMP.
- Ensure training records are accurate.
-Educated to a high level in Chemistry, to minimum of degree level or equivalent.
-Extensive experience of working in a pharmaceutical chemistry laboratory.
-Experience utilising analytical and investigative expertise to guide overall technical strategy for a laboratory or wider business.
-Proven ability to resolve complex scientific challenges in the pharmaceutical area.
-Project management and planning skills.
-Extensive knowledge of GMP systems.
-Technical credibility to develop good working relationships with internal and external clients and to be the
Experience of working with a CRO.
Find out more by visiting: www.rssl.com/careers/consultant-pharmaceutical-scientist
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Matt Halligan via firstname.lastname@example.org.