Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and food sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we were recognised as OBN’s Best CRO, Women in Business Enlightened Employer and Business of the Year award winners.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 22 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of science enhancing lives.
About the team
Pharmaceutical Chemistry is a pivotal team in RSSL: with exponentially increasing client demand to conduct raw materials analysis. The Chromatography team supports the wider department typically becoming involved to conduct investigative analysis when unexpected results have occurred in routine testing. Joining this team will allow you to do truly vital work analysing medicines so they can reach patients that need them. You’ll have opportunity to gain new technical and leadership skills as the laboratory continues going from strength to strength.
How you will contribute:
This role focuses primarily on the use of Liquid Chromatography - Mass Spectroscopy to run investigative analysis to identify unknown compounds present in pharmaceutical raw materials in a GMP environment and to subsequently use LC-MS expertise to trace the source of the compound. You will plan and execute experiments and apply your fundamental understanding to analysis of results, troubleshooting independently when required. You will lead the preparation of protocols, reports and reviews in this area.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
• Provide high quality customer service at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
• Perform routine and investigative Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectroscopy analysis independently and provide interpretation of results generated as required.
• Perform method development, transfers and design validation protocols with support for LC-MS
• Responsible for the maintenance of the assigned systems including checking and approving supplier’s reports (qualifications, repairs and preventative reports).
• Assist with technical aspects for client proposals for method development, transfers and validation protocols.
• Be a superuser in the use of Laboratory LIMS, Q Pulse and specific equipment software and proficient at setting up reports and troubleshooting.
• Provide training and supervise junior staff in routine activities and methods. Will be expected to work in different laboratories if the demand is required.
Communication & Influence
• Work as part of an efficient analytical team
• To liaise with clients, business development and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
• Participate in client and stake holders meetings as required
• Deliver presentations to technical stakeholders and clients as required
• Manage small projects or defined areas of larger projects
Leadership and supervision
• Plan own workload and plan routine projects for junior staff
• Train junior members of the team in routine methods
What you will bring
• In-industry laboratory experience of LC-MS, sufficient to independently with support for more complex projects
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in Chemistry or a related discipline.
• GMP knowledge is preferred but not essential
• Communication skills to develop good working relationships with internal and external clients.
Company: Reading Scientific Services Limited
To apply for this role, please click here: https://wd3.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/mdlz/External/job/Reading...
To view all RSSL vacancies, please click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies