Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018 one of our family earned the Food & Drink Federation’s Scientist of the Year. Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
Purpose of the Role
Reading Scientific Services Ltd is the Global Science Centre for Mondelez International. In addition to providing research and scientific services to its parent company it also provides a range of scientific services to other companies operating in the food and pharmaceutical industries.
As a Global Science Centre, RSSL provides a hub to other RDQ sites around the world.
• Support the Facilities Manager in maintaining the Strategic Facilities Plan (SFP). Provide hard and soft Facility support service to all sites – in line with agreed KPIs and level of service. Execute day-to-day service support requirements aligned to the SFP
• Manage accurate records utilising tools such as Q-pulse, BMS and database systems to provide audit trails and reporting data to seek continuous improvement in FSP planning.
• Manage security and fire systems in line with Mondelez International internal policies.
• Manage monthly Facilities Team meetings complete with agenda to support the SFP and issue action plans for review by the Facilities Manager.
• Deputise for the Facilities Manager in their absence and attend stakeholder meetings as directed by the Facilities Manager during that period.
• Assist the stores team in the receiving and dispatching of samples and consumables via third parties in a cost-effective manner and meeting the requirements of quality and appropriate storage systems.
• Deliver logistic support and co-ordinate activities for logistic contractors to access and maintain whilst maximising primary business operations and delivery. Be the main point of contact (POC) in supporting the business teams with irregularities in logistic support and dispatching of goods.
• Deliver the personal lockers for RSSL site. Be the primary person to ensure leavers and starters are managed appropriately in line with the SLA. Liaise with the business teams to ensure smooth running and ensure clear communication between all parties.
• Undertake regular reviews to ensure waste is in correct containers and cars are parked appropriately. Deliver internal communications to employees providing updates and manage double parking.
• Ensure meeting rooms are clean and in good order to support business primary goals.
• Provide cover during absence for the Facilities team at Workingham site.
• Adhere quality and legal compliance requirements, ensuring GMP and UKAS Quality Standards are followed diligently and timely
• Educated to and A level standard with English and Maths
• Experience in facilities management
• Experience in handling stores and large volumes of packages / transactions at peak times in a timely manner
• IWFM (Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management) Level 2 qualifications would be an advantage
• Good knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
• Clean driving licence
• Compressed Gases Safety Passport is preferred
• Computer literate with good MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Good communication and presentation skills with ability to translate the departmental impacts to all levels of the business, to build partnerships both internally and externally, quickly finding common ground and solve to problems for the good of all.
• Fluency in English
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Please be aware that this role may require handling of materials that may contain chemicals, solvents and allergens, and the appropriate protective wear will be supplied.
To apply for this role please click here: https://mondelez.taleo.net/careersection/mdlz_global_external/jobdetail....
To view all our vacancies, please click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies