Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018 one of our family earned the Food & Drink Federation’s Scientist of the Year. Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
Reading Scientific Services Limited (RSSL) provides a range of scientific analysis, research and consultancy services to the food and pharmaceutical industries and to its parent company, Mondelēz International.
In this role you will contribute towards this by being an Account Manager and growing the business to meet RSSL’s financial targets
In the nominated accounts the role will:
o Grow revenues to set targets
o Develop customer management strategies
o Lead high value opportunities as required
Also provide support to commercial team activities.
• To be the account manager for a number designated accounts acting as the principal contact between the client and RSSL operation teams in order to achieve sales growth.
• Optimise calls by ‘selling-on’ other services to the client, where appropriate.
• Monitor and assist with multi laboratory projects, ensuring that work is carried out in a timely manner and reports are sent out as per customer requirements.
• Assist the Customer Services team as required at periods of peak demand to ensure that clients are provided with a professional service and act as the liaison between RSSL lab staff and clients.
• Generally assist the Head of Sales and wider commercial team as required.
• Support the Commercial team with the co-ordination and collation of RFI’s proposals and tenders as required.
• Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; raise questions and concerns when faced with an ethical or compliance issue; apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct.
Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
Have a proven scientific background with recognised qualifications – Degree/HND or equivalent qualification.
Project management skills, preferred
Have an understanding of laboratory work and its application to solving customer problems.
The personality and technical credibility to develop excellent working relationships with both clients and laboratory staff.
Outgoing proactive approach, energy, drive, enthusiasm and the ability to motivate others.
Team player, plus ability to work on own initiative
Functional Technical Skills
Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to interact effectively by telephone, written communication and face-to-face.
An organised approach, capable of working on several projects at any one time.
The ability to offer valuable advice and guidance on a broad range of scientific techniques to clients
Considerable customer services and sales experience
Experience in a relevant market, preferred
Fluent English, written and spoken
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
To apply for this role please click here: https://mondelez.taleo.net/careersection/mdlz_global_external/jobdetail....
To view all of our vacancies, please click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies