Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018 one of our family earned the Food & Drink Federation’s Scientist of the Year. Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
Following a recent expansion of the commercial team, multiple new roles are available for science graduates looking for to utilise the knowledge gained from their degree in a career outside the lab.
About the RSSL Commercial Team
RSSL provides a variety of scientific services to clients in the food and pharmaceutical sectors, and our commercial team’s role is to win and retain business for the laboratories to work on.
They ensure an excellent customer experience and grow our revenue, expanding our business with existing customers and gaining new ones. Furthermore, they are a client’s primary contact for RSSL and the face of the business at external events and conferences, typically being the first impression a client will have of the business.
Depending on your precise assignment, duties may include:
• Act as the first point of contact for new customers
• Liaise with clients throughout assigned projects
• Managing enquiries relating to potential new projects, collating quotes and responding to other requests for information
• Developing new business and drive sales within an assigned sector of the business
• Work to set KPIs and increase revenue for the organisation
• Representing RSSL at external events and client meetings
• Collaboration with the wider business to ensure client needs are met in a timely manner
• Act as the bridge between the laboratories and RSSL’s clients, using in-depth scientific understanding of the work done in the laboratory to relay information to the customer
• Scientific degree (or equivalent experience) in Food Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology, Chemistry or a related field
• Excellent communication skills and technical credibility, to interact effectively by telephone, email and face-to-face
• Proactive approach and strong drive to succeed
• Strong organisational skills to manage multiple projects at one time
• Experience in any customer-facing role is advantageous but not essential
• Experience in a pharmaceutical or FMCG laboratory is advantageous but not essential
• Please note starting dates for these roles are aimed at current graduates and unfortunately not suitable for those who have yet to finish their studies.
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
To apply for this role, please click here: https://mondelez.taleo.net/careersection/mdlz_global_external/jobdetail....
To view all our roles please click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies