Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we’ve been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists and in 2018 one of our family earned the Food & Drink Federation’s Scientist of the Year. Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
This role predominantly focuses on investigative analysis (c.80% of work time) of unknown compounds in pharmaceutical products using Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectroscopy (LC-MS), performing spectral analysis to determine the structure of the compound in question.
- Utilise LC-MS (Orbitrap and Time of Flight) to investigate and identify unknown compounds in pharmaceuticals under minimal supervision
- Perform method development and validation for LC-MS projects
- Undertake spectral analysis of results
- Liaise with pharmaceutical clients to ensure efficient communication and timely provision of results
- Perform routine analysis as required (c.20% of work time)
- Utilise the laboratory’s LIMS system, Q-Pulse and equipment software (MassHunter, MassLynx and XCalibur).
- Maintain GMP compliance at all times
- Degree in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent laboratory experience
- Ability to perform LC-MS method development and spectral analysis in an investigative setting
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in a regulated environment
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful international business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
To apply for this role, please click here: https://mondelez.taleo.net/careersection/mdlz_global_external/jobdetail....
To view all RSSL vacancies, click here: https://www.rssl.com/careers/current-vacancies